Im mad as HELL! at Microsoft, Crytek and EA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im mad as HELL! at Microsoft, Crytek and EA

I buy Linux games when and where I can, but lets face it, all of the good and cutting edge games are on Windows, and I have a dual boot with Windows for this purpose, Like many other Linux gamers I'm sure. I have noticed a disturbing trend developing that has me pretty worried for the future of PC gaming, and it is ALL about Microsoft! I've heard all of the stories, but it is obvious now more than ever that the PC as a gaming platform is dying, and developers can't work fast enough to kill it. Crysis2 shipped today for Windows, Xbox and PS3.. Having played Crysis for the past 3 years, and it being my favorite game, you can imagine my distress when I purchased the game and found out that the game was ONLY SUPPORTING Directx9.0c at launch! A DX11 patch is supposed to come later.. WTF!!?? So, the newest edition of the series that was the epitome of PC gaming just got neutered to make the xbox version of the game look almost as good! I really wish game developers would adopt an OPEN standard (OpenGl) but as long as developers only see the dollar signs attatched to console\Microsoft cash cow , the PCs days as a platform for gaming are almost over. If nobody cares about Windows gaming anymore, there will never ever be any room for Linux gaming... I see Microsofts vision, a PC for work and an Xbox for play in every home in the world, and all Microsoft software running everything-- oh what a world that would be.. Sorry for the rant, Im pretty upset..

I'm just waiting for Nintendo to get into the OS market and give Microsoft a right royal kick up the ass.

Comment

I'm actually in favor of decisions like this. I'd like to avoid upgrading my system every other year because it can't run DX13 or OpenGL 5.8.

For me, keeping the hardware requirement lower because of the consoles is a very, very good thing for my wallet.

Comment

360 is still Dx 9c

Comment

Originally posted by Terracide View Post
          it is ALL about Microsoft!
          Don't pay them a cent. Nothing. Zero.
          Deus Ex :Invisible War was killed same way, so...

Originally posted by Nevertime View Post
          I'm just waiting for Nintendo to get into the OS market and give Microsoft a right royal kick up the ass.
          I don't know who is uglier of them: Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony.
          But as long as you pay them money for what they do, you support them.

Comment

Dont forget that EA drm of limited installs requiring online activation.
            So far the PC reviews are low by the users , the game "critics" are all glowing but after the turd that was Dragon Age 2, the truth about "professional "game reviewers are coming out.
            Anyway checkout the amazon pc reviews of the game to see what i mean.
            Once again pc users were screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by dredhammer View Post
              So far the PC reviews are low by the users , the game "critics" are all glowing but after the turd that was Dragon Age 2, the truth about "professional "game reviewers are coming out.

Just now you noticed?
              Anyway, it was amusing hearing all the fanboys praise the game and how good it looked and what not, despite all the evidence pointing that it was going to be multiplatform and the engine had been considerably "toned down" in order to accommodate the primary console audience. Haven't even bothered to check what they are saying now.

Comment

Yeah, I stopped reading these mags... uh... well... mhm. When was Quake2 out? Long ago. They just write stupid blah blah, often they're all for graphics not for gameplay and if there is an advertisement of the publisher in the mag the reviews will rarely go true/bad.

Sad to hear that DA2 is such a mess. I liked DAO a lot, but I feared since I heard about the preformed character.

I really hate these game consoles (though I kinda admire the tech and inventions of the Wii) since everything is made for these stupid consoles and the PC versions look like it. No savegames, no decent input no console no this no that. Like, "oh, damn, there was still that PC", ok let's take the exact same source for the console and compile it for x86 w32. If it compiles sell it. Don't even bother testing it.

But what are these game consoles? Nothing! No input, no freedom, barred with DRM, no applications, no universal use. Just buy them and pay the high priced games afterwards and don't dare to homebrew anything.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Terracide View Post
                  I buy Linux games when and where I can, but lets face it, all of the good and cutting edge games are on Windows, and I have a dual boot with Windows for this purpose, Like many other Linux gamers I'm sure. I have noticed a disturbing trend developing that has me pretty worried for the future of PC gaming, and it is ALL about Microsoft! I've heard all of the stories, but it is obvious now more than ever that the PC as a gaming platform is dying, and developers can't work fast enough to kill it. Crysis2 shipped today for Windows, Xbox and PS3.. Having played Crysis for the past 3 years, and it being my favorite game, you can imagine my distress when I purchased the game and found out that the game was ONLY SUPPORTING Directx9.0c at launch! A DX11 patch is supposed to come later.. WTF!!?? So, the newest edition of the series that was the epitome of PC gaming just got neutered to make the xbox version of the game look almost as good! I really wish game developers would adopt an OPEN standard (OpenGl) but as long as developers only see the dollar signs attatched to console\Microsoft cash cow , the PCs days as a platform for gaming are almost over. If nobody cares about Windows gaming anymore, there will never ever be any room for Linux gaming... I see Microsofts vision, a PC for work and an Xbox for play in every home in the world, and all Microsoft software running everything-- oh what a world that would be.. Sorry for the rant, Im pretty upset..
                  I read some "rumours" that the DirectX 11 patch will come later because NVIDIA delayed it. As per usual take this with sacks of salt.

Comment

Remeber that there is no DirectX on PS3 - so the game/cryengine3 has to have also a native OpenGL renderer. /me wonders, why they didn't release it to the PC users

Comment

Working...
                    X