Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Officially Released

Phoronix: Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Officially Released

Mozilla Firefox 4.0 has been officially released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, but it's still only half as fast as Chrome or Opera and it still doesn't isolate tabs.
    I guess the backlog for the next release is full already.

Comment

Finally!

Now I can embed my svg's in webpages and have firefox show them!

Kudos to Mozilla.

Comment

About freaking time.

Hopefully now Firefox has it's performance and HTML5 issues sorted and can get back to focusing on extensibility because that's where it really shines. When there's so much that needs implementing who really cares about performance? At this point performance is about the last thing that's keeping most web devs from doing the real-world things they'd like to do except for the few nuts that think the primary function of a web browsers is as a gaming platform.

So happy firebug is ready and it's debugger is working again. I've been missing the debugger like crazy!

Comment

Firefox Panorama. THe feature I'd expected all this time

Comment

The best thing about Firefox 4 (and the upcoming Thunderbird 3.3) is that there are precompiled Linux x86-64 versions of the current stable version and not only as nightly. What i dislike is that they are a bit hidden, but as hint:

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              The best thing about Firefox 4 (and the upcoming Thunderbird 3.3) is that there are precompiled Linux x86-64 versions of the current stable version and not only as nightly. What i dislike is that they are a bit hidden, but as hint:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi.../linux-x86_64/
              Indeed. I find it highly amusing that Linux gets an x64 release right off the bat, while Windows only has 32-bit versions. In fact, the Windows x64 nightly build doesn't even seem to work for me here.

Comment

Now extensions can be written in javascript so it should be easier to implement many new extensions

Comment

Bug77, why exactly is not isolating tabs a bad thing? It makes the browser use a bunch more memory. If it's a well made, stable browser, like Firefox, it's not necessary now that plugins run in a separate process.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi.../linux-x86_64/
                    Thanks, now all I have to do is figure out how to install it maybe I need another beer first.

Comment

Working...
                    X