X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unstable Wireless Connection for Intel3945ABG

Hi,

My machine is a Dell E1505 laptop,
    Duo CPU, 1G Mem, Intel 3945ABG wireless adapter.
    And I am trying to run Fedora6 on it.

I have installed the following packages from freshRPM,
    ------
    dkms-ipw3945.noarch 1.1.0-2 installed
    ipw3945-firmware.noarch 1.13-1 installed
    ipw3945d.i386 1.7.22-3 installed
    ------

And my WiFi small light is flashing now. And a good thing is that I can swith it on/off by Fn+F2. But I could not make the stable connection even if I am only less than 10 feet away from a very strong AP. Yesterday, one or two out of ten attempts, I could make a connection. But it takes ~100 seconds to load the google page. And today, I can't make any connection now.

So, I guess the signal strength is not a problem. So, wherelse should I check? Thanks.

foxtseng, Were you using system-config-networking or NetworkManager? If you hadn't tried NetworkManager to manage the wireless connections you may want to try that. I previously had some weird connection things going on with system-config-networking, but fixed that by using NetworkManager for the ipw3945 and ipw2200 systems.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yes, I was using system-config-network. And I am now using NetworkManager. But I couldn't understand why the NetworkManager cannot make connection evenif the signal strength is nearly full. I was suspecting some hardware reason, but it works fine under Windows.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      foxtseng, Were you using system-config-networking or NetworkManager? If you hadn't tried NetworkManager to manage the wireless connections you may want to try that. I previously had some weird connection things going on with system-config-networking, but fixed that by using NetworkManager for the ipw3945 and ipw2200 systems.

Comment

Working...
      X