No announcement yet.

Giving Away Linux Copies Of The New Unigine Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny way to promote pts 3, but well i would like an OilRush test build too (to check the system specs), demo would be enough - most likely i would not buy it as it is not my gametype i usually play. So where is the demo/benchmark is the better question

Comment

Running Unigine Tropics and Heaven on a HD4200 is gonna be fun...

Comment

The Heaven demo crawls along, but OilRush is quite playable on a radeon3650 (with fglrx drivers) - assuming of course that it's the video card limiting things rather than the rest of the system.
        By playable I mean about 24fps from the 64bit build (pretty consistent actually, so I suspect most of the heavy work is from the water rather than units/battles/etc), running in a 1024x768 window and using medium settings. Cursor gets a little sluggish, but with the gameplay that's not as critical I find.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: Giving Away Linux Copies Of The New Unigine Game
          I don't have any use for it. The drivers I use (open source r600) can't run this game. So no thanks. I'd take the Windows version though.

Comment

Sweet, hope I win ^_^

Comment

Well, since I'm bored,

@Michael
              At the forum, when logged out, at top right corner where it says phoronix.com or something, the link is bugged and goes to ->
              htp://www.phoronix.com/
              instead of http://www.phoronix.com/

Roger and out.

Comment

Unigine should partner with Canonical to put this game available at Ubuntu Software Center.
                So, more people could know about this title.

Comment

Originally posted by fernandoc1 View Post
                  Unigine should partner with Canonical to put this game available at Ubuntu Software Center.
                  So, more people could know about this title.
                  Sure, but first they'd have to bundle it up in a dpkg with an XDG launcher shortcut, and make it depend upon having proprietary drivers installed (or at least put up a warning that it doesn't work with open drivers).

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
                    Sure, but first they'd have to bundle it up in a dpkg with an XDG launcher shortcut, and make it depend upon having proprietary drivers installed (or at least put up a warning that it doesn't work with open drivers).
                    I think that Ubuntu should take advantage from Phoronix tools to benchmark systems during the installation, so people could be aware if their systems will be capable to run titles like this Unigine game.

Comment

When the game is completed with good multiplayer it will absolutely be worth $20, so I recommend preordering the game to support the developers. The beta even runs well and looks great on my "old" laptop with a GeForce 8700M GT.

But anyway, the sales would benefit greatly from a demo versions, I think many people hesitate preordering not knowing how well it would run.

Comment

Working...
                      X