Soundcard help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcard help

I hope this is the right forum (and the right category) to post this.

I run Ubuntu 7.04 on Intel D845GLVA board (which features onbaord AC'97 Audio). I use Cirrus Logic CS4281 PCI as my Soundcard with ALSA Driver (having disabled the integrated audio in BIOS)

My problem is that if one application is using sound (e.g. Amarok), the other apps will only give audio output IF THE FIRST APP (e.g. Amarok) STOPS USING SOUND. This is proving a real show stopper for me. I dual-boot Ubuntu with Windows where the card works just fine, so the problem lies somewhere else.

I desperately need help!
    Last edited by sbjaved; 01 July 2007, 11:13 AM.

Originally posted by sbjaved View Post
    I hope this is the right forum (and the right category) to post this.

I run Ubuntu 7.04 on Intel D845GLVA board (which features onbaord AC'97 Audio). I use Cirrus Logic CS4281 PCI as my Soundcard with ALSA Driver (having disabled the integrated audio in BIOS)

My problem is that if one application is using sound (e.g. Amarok), the other apps will only give audio output IF THE FIRST APP (e.g. Amarok) STOPS USING SOUND. This is proving a real show stopper for me. I dual-boot Ubuntu with Windows where the card works just fine, so the problem lies somewhere else.

I desperately need help!
    Your having a mixer issue. Consult Alsa's documentation on using the dmix plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Your having a mixer issue. Consult Alsa's documentation on using the dmix plugin.

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Dmix
      I read that documentation. I guess i forgot to mention that i'm relatively new to linux. I couldn't understand a lot of it. Could you please explain it a bit in simpler terms? What is the problem and what do i have to do? I would REALLY appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X