Thread: ASRock P67 Pro3

Default ASRock P67 Pro3

Phoronix: ASRock P67 Pro3

When it comes to Intel's Sandy Bridge, lately we have been looking a lot at the Linux graphics performance with the H67 chipset as it has been an interesting journey but now at least the OpenGL performance is good and VA-API video acceleration is working. Now that the B3-stepping Cougar Point motherboards are beginning to ship that address the original SATA issues for this chipset that led to a recall, we are back to looking at this magical CPU, the supported motherboards, and its overall Linux performance. In this review we are taking a Linux look at the ASRock P67 Pro3.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=15796

A nice review, but I personally would like to see more details related to Linux, like whether sensors and fan control script work and/or what SuperIO chip it has.

- Max. capacity of system memory: 32GB*
    If you copy/paste the star, please also include whatever it points to.

I'm looking for a microATX board, and was planning on the ASUS H67 microATX one, so I'd really like to know more about what's going on there - is it just a single unit which needs to be RMA'd, something that has been fixed in a BIOS or driver update, something acknowledged, or a common problem reproduced elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    If you copy/paste the star, please also include whatever it points to.
    I agree in principle, but in this case what it points to is not worth including for this website's audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
    I agree in principle, but in this case what it points to is not worth including for this website's audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by *
    Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
    There, end of drama.

Oh, i so wished this had the Marvell pata port, it turned out to be a floppy port