Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtippett View Post
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver

That's a good page to start with. The option you are talking about isn't there. Feel free to add it (and make it stick , and we'll re-run the benchmark.
    Look, I appreciate the work you're doing and all that, but now you're simply pulling my leg.

How about "man radeon"?

I mean, there are people who do not use Ubuntu and I don't see why you're pointing to an outdated Ubuntu community site on the internet when you have the full manual installed together with the driver sitting on your drive.

You do have the point, though, in that the rate of development of open drivers often makes it difficult to follow which xorg options are still valid (and used), which options are new, and what they do. Hopefully things will stabilise as the drivers mature.

Comment

EDIT: yes, I understand that this is an Ubuntu benchmark, but still, all these community sites simply parrot things from the radeon man page, which is the same for ALL distributions.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
        EDIT: yes, I understand that this is an Ubuntu benchmark, but still, all these community sites simply parrot things from the radeon man page, which is the same for ALL distributions.
        While it's true that the man radeon contains the information you need, man-pages can be a bit daunting. Just check the man xorg.conf. How many Linux users actually understand what it says + how meticulously is it updated?
        Some sections even say: "Nobody knows how this works"

EDIT: Oh, and I just want to make clear that I haven't actually read the radeon man page. Didn't realize there was one, so I'll check it out later.

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
          I always wish they could pull in just a little more recent builds of mesa and kernel drm But they are pretty conservative and so the masses have to live with ancient mesa for 6 months.

I feel bad for the LTS people though; you either run the binary driver or run it on a server... no good open source 3d graphics on LTS, ever.
          10.04 LTS runs Compiz just fine on my 4670. I don't ask for anymore than that. I feel bad for the non-LTS users serving as defacto beta-testers 75% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by locovaca View Post
            10.04 LTS runs Compiz just fine on my 4670. I don't ask for anymore than that. I feel bad for the non-LTS users serving as defacto beta-testers 75% of the time.
            Tss, don't reveal Mark's development model to the public! Otherwise he won't be able to afford a condo for a few billions anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X