No announcement yet.

Fedora 15 Lovelock Alpha Arrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't get half the hype about systemd. minit can do everything it can, and that since years. It just people would rather write their own replacement than actually use useful code. The FOSS world is full of ego and that's something that's honestly and quickly needs healing.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
      I have never seen D-bus crash on gnome so it's probably just the Qt D-bus bindings that are buggy.
      No, there were bugs in dbus which caused some applications to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
        I still don't get half the hype about systemd. minit can do everything it can, and that since years. It just people would rather write their own replacement than actually use useful code. The FOSS world is full of ego and that's something that's honestly and quickly needs healing.
        Maybe you should see some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyMLi8QF6sw
        minit looks more like upstart, which systemd tries to superpass.

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
          minit can do everything it can, and that since years.
          I looked at minit howto - AFAICS minit is just an ordinary init system with script dependencies. You should take a closer look at systemd features before posting such revelations

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
            No, there were bugs in dbus which caused some applications to crash.
            Which Gnome didn't trigger as d-bus was well tested, but not with KDE4.

Comment

kernel-2.6.38-0.rc8.git0.1.fc15 plus other updated packages = good

Comment

Working...
              X