Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Linux Beta Released

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    It is testing methods like that however that leads to being released for only one arch. They get to a point where "Hey the 32-bit version is good enough to release, let's release it and we will get to 64-bit with the next point release.". The unfortunate part is they rarely, if ever, get around to it. The other issue is that it gets to a point where they may have to start "undoing" code they just developed because it works in 32-bit but not in 64-bit leading to wasted development time and resources.

Just picture what the kernel would look like for example if they did all the 32-bit code first and then once that was completed started the 64-bit code.
    Adobe may be misapplying Agile Development practices, maybe not. You can't tell unless they do end up releasing a final, 32-bit only version. But until then what they are doing fits into the Agile Model.

Quote Originally Posted by locovaca View Post
    You can't tell unless they do end up releasing a final
    You mean like they have on every official release to date?

Quote Originally Posted by fabioamd87 View Post
    A linux flashplayer limitation that not everyone know is support for webcam.
    You just need to preload the v4l1compat lib, make a wrapper for your browser that contains

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so

and your webcam should work just fine.

Flash 10.3 Beta 2 is out. Nothing really new it seems besides some privacy stuff for Internet Explorer 8/9, yay. Of course no 64-bit support, what do you expect from Adobe anyway.

Default Flash player

I use this flash player for linux . It worked for me. It has advanced features such as full screen mode and playlists

Anyone got maybe a little bit newer version of the 64bit flash ? Mine is 10,3,162,29 and not really working well with Ubuntu 11.04, FF4 and Unity :x

The final 10.3 release is avaible from Adobe (already included in stable Chrome since today).

Don't expect 64-bit support, however it seems they are now enabling GPU acceleration by default even with Composite enabled (no, I am not talking about video acceleration).

From the "known issues" list:

ATI GPUs fail to render StageVideo on Linux platforms (2835389)

Quote Originally Posted by Tares View Post
    Anyone got maybe a little bit newer version of the 64bit flash ? Mine is 10,3,162,29 and not really working well with Ubuntu 11.04, FF4 and Unity :x
    Same here, I wish they would officially release the 64 bit version damnit!