Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 11.10 Is Called The "Oneiric Ocelot"

Phoronix: Ubuntu 11.10 Is Called The "Oneiric Ocelot"

While Fedora 16 might be codenamed Bacon, Mark Shuttleworth has announced the codename for Ubuntu 11.10 and it's to be called the "Oneiric Ocelot" release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, I don't know what animal that is.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEorZqv7eZw (Warning: Cuteness overdose possible)

Cool small cat thing

However we missed another great chance. They could have easily called it Onanistic Orangutan. It would fit well with the stupidity and the apeing in the design/UI department.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEorZqv7eZw (Warning: Cuteness overdose possible)

Cool small cat thing

However we missed another great chance. They could have easily called it Onanistic Orangutan. It would fit well with the stupidity and the apeing in the design/UI department.
        I nearly crapped myself laughing about the apeing around with the UI... XD I totally agree though though. I don't think Canonical and the Ubuntu devs get the idea of don't fix something that isn't broken. Hell, the Gnome devs don't get the idea either.

Comment

Just wait for 12.04...

... Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Quizzical Quagga"
          Some more adj. just for kicks: Quaint - Queasy - Quirky - Queroluos - Quashed - Quivering - Quixotic

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
            I don't think Canonical and the Ubuntu devs get the idea of don't fix something that isn't broken. Hell, the Gnome devs don't get the idea either.
            More like => Keep playing with it until lots of people complain. Then stop.

Comment

hmm, the convention of just using the adjective (the first word in the name) as eg. the apt release name will be difficult for this one - sounds like "anaemic"

Comment

I still want my code name to be used:

Oops... Oh-shit!

Comment

Seriously, I think Canonical SHOULD BUY QT FROM Nokia, period.

Comment

Originally posted by grantek View Post
                    hmm, the convention of just using the adjective (the first word in the name) as eg. the apt release name will be difficult for this one - sounds like "anaemic"
                    I wonder whether they've deliberately chosen an unusual word to make the release name easier to include/exclude in searches (if you can spell it right) without hitting normal uses of the word.

Comment

Working...
                    X