X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sleeping Rabbit Edition!

Comment

• Originally posted by sdlvx View Post
      8.43 - Everyone switches to 8800s and realizes NVIDIA drivers for 8800s suck just as much as ATIs drivers.

And I do own an 8800GTS and I do run linux on it, so I'm not a babbling idiot or raving fanbo(y)(t) or whatever.
      Here's a reality check for you:

For the LARGE part, there is little advantage in the near to medium term to buying an 8800GTS over a 7900GTX card.

Why? Because you're not going to find a game operating under Linux in the next 3-6 months that will utilize the DX10 ARB extensions that the 8800 supplies in it's hardware.

Not under WINE. Not native.

If you're future proofing your rig, then yeah, it might not be a bad thing to consider it. It's my understanding that they're getting the Linux problems with the 8800 cards well under control in the near future. The same cannot be said of AMD's current set of woes right at this time. Perhaps in another couple of months, maybe it'll be a different story, but...

Now that I've said my peace here, let's get back to the bashing of AMD's late, unstable driver... >:-)

Comment

• 8.44 - The Headshot Edition

Comment

• 8.44 - "monthhful of bugs"

Comment

• 8.44 - Really Damn Fast Kernel panic

Comment

• driver name

Originally posted by metala View Post
              8.44 - Really Damn Fast Kernel panic
              8.44 - the vicious cycle continues edition

Comment

• 8.44 - Rodney Dangerfield Edition

Comment

• 8.43 -- "What the hell!! It's called 7.11 now!"

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Catalyst 7.11: The Renamed Edition!

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus View Post
                      Catalyst 7.11: The Renamed Edition!
                      Apparently that was literally what this release is about... They haven't even fixed the memory leak or XV problems as far as I could see from other reports...

Comment

Working...
                      X