This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    well, yay for working TexturedVideo. hopefully.

because that's what i meant by "doing it better" in 8.35, which was the last driver where it actually worked.
    I know what you meant by 8.35.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

8.50.1 "Why are we doing this? the OSS AVIVO driver replaced us!"

I'm rooting for the avivo driver and now sporadically looking at this proprietary stuff... At least its possible to keep detailed track of the avivo driver...

Comment

yup. i wish ati had some kind of detailed changelog.

but then again, it could reveal lots of embarrassing development mistakes

Comment

Start guessing for 8.40
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Heh... It's going to be the "minimal bugfixes because we're trying to get a new codebase out the door..." version, if you ask me.

Comment

8.40 - "3 crappy releases and one decent bugfix. let's do it again!" :]

Comment

I wonder what the ATI guys will think if they see the jokes here?
                Or what are they thinking if they already saw them

Comment

Originally posted by sundown View Post
                  I wonder what the ATI guys will think if they see the jokes here?
                  Or what are they thinking if they already saw them
                  Oh, trust me, Matthew Tippett and Co ARE reading this and the other forum threads on the subject of ATI's endeavors. The bad jokes HAVE to sting, but I'm of the opinion that he's tied up with a piggin' strand here on the drivers issue.

Comment

Working on that principle, then...

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Oh, trust me, Matthew Tippett and Co ARE reading this and the other forum threads on the subject of ATI's endeavors.
                    Where would I send the output of atigetsysteminfo? Last night's attempt at using 8.39.4 calls for waaay more data than I could post here or paste into ATI's Linux feedback site.

BTW, I have no idea what "Textured Video" is exactly, but I think it is what crashed my X server when I had finished playing a Quicktime movie file using "xine -V Xv".

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                      Where would I send the output of atigetsysteminfo? Last night's attempt at using 8.39.4 calls for waaay more data than I could post here or paste into ATI's Linux feedback site.
                      You could email the data to michael [at] phoronix.com, and I can forward it on.
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X