Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.38.6 Display Driver Released -- The Least To Report On Driver In Two Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lenrek View Post
    Well... At least something new, after more than 1 and half year of using ATi...
    so does support for composite mean we are getting nearer to AIGLX support in the near future?? I am hoping for something exciting to happen on the ati linux driver front esp. with the proposed openGL code rewrite release scheduled for aug. (acc 2 the rumour mills atleast)

Comment

Those "crappy" 8600gts are starting to look better and better to me...
      Just maybe sometimes its better to not release anything than release something largely irrelevant. On a side note xorg 1.3 seems quite stable to me in Arch

Comment

Originally posted by lowlands View Post
        ATI: do the right thing and release a new driver with X.org 1.3 (F7 and prolly others) support this week or at the most next week. It's the least you can do to compensate for your (hopefully still) loyal customers.
        There will be no special driver release out in the next week or two.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Another useless driver release by ATI...

I feel sorry for you FC7 users...

People commenting about composite: it doesn't work correctly?

Comment

If this driver isn't your cup of tea, name the next ATI driver: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3511
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
              People commenting about composite: it doesn't work correctly?
              From my experience, it can be enabled, but not usable (screen corruptions all over the place).

Comment

Does ANYONE read at ATI the comments that users fill on their site in the Linux Crew Feedback?
                I get a feeling they all go directly to /dev/null.

It makes me sad that i have to downgrade to previous OS cause i can't use drivers. It makes me sad that i feel like a kid waiting a f****ing Christmas hoping to get bike and getting a ruler instead.

again... can they post a freaking RoadMap for the linux drivers? this way if i see that fglrx coming in 3 months and FC7 support in 5 months - i will sleep much better and will move on to the next things waiting with patience till the date on calendar.

Otherwise - it's really upsetting

PS. and no, i will not tolerate installing FC7 and downgrade only xorg, i would rather install FC6 back till better days.

Comment

Originally posted by khakhovich View Post
                  Does ANYONE read at ATI the comments that users fill on their site in the Linux Crew Feedback?
                  I get a feeling they all go directly to /dev/null.

It makes me sad that i have to downgrade to previous OS cause i can't use drivers. It makes me sad that i feel like a kid waiting a f****ing Christmas hoping to get bike and getting a ruler instead.

again... can they post a freaking RoadMap for the linux drivers? this way if i see that fglrx coming in 3 months and FC7 support in 5 months - i will sleep much better and will move on to the next things waiting with patience till the date on calendar.

Otherwise - it's really upsetting

PS. and no, i will not tolerate installing FC7 and downgrade only xorg, i would rather install FC6 back till better days.
                  The comments from the feedback page are read, but not by the people who really should be reading them.

They will not be posting any roadmap. Your best bet is for the information I am able to pass along at Phoronix
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    The comments from the feedback page are read, but not by the people who really should be reading them.

They will not be posting any roadmap. Your best bet is for the information I am able to pass along at Phoronix
                    hahaha.... yeah wrong people read them - what a surprise !? this is very common to big companies

and i think my est bet would have been getting my Lenovo with Intel graphics or nvidia... eh well.

let's hope for another best bet - reading this forum.

Comment

Sorry fellas, i'm having period i guess today )
                      Just now, on my laptop booted to windows xp pro, went to ati site, find drivers, choose os, choose my card, latest driver says - we are sorry your system is not compatible with this release. Please contact your laptop vendor.

WHAT? WTF??? are they off their nut??

This is a bottom line - ati seem to be going down hill very fast.

Comment

Working...
                      X