X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 8.38.6 - The still no AIGLX and R600 Support Version

Code:
    New Features 

This release of the Catalyst? Linux graphics driver introduces support for RedHat Enterprise Linux 5. 

Resolved Issues 

The following section provide a brief description of resolved issues with the latest version of the ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite. These include: 
    Moving a video window between two monitors in a big desktop configuration no longer crashes the Xserver. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28222 
    Playing multiple videos at the same time with textured video no longer results in corruption being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28223 

Known Issues 

The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite. These issues include: 
    Corruption may be observed with certain applications on some Linux distributions which enable the Composite extension by default, e.g., RHEL 5. If you are observing application corruption, please disable the Composite extension. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28224 
    Using the xgl enabled x-server interface disables display switching hot plug support 
    Video tearing during playback. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26984 
    There is no support for video playback on the second head in dual head mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26985
    I remember having RHEL5 support last month. Okay, so we officially got 2 (!) video fixes but tearing is still there. And more important is that Fedora is still not supported if the bird didn't tell me lies.

Come on AMD, what have you been doing? I hope there were working hard on AIGLX Support so we can have it this year. But the Windows changelog is small, too. Did they fired people in the driver team?

- d2kx

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    I hope there were working hard on AIGLX Support so we can have it this year. But the Windows changelog is small, too.
    I'm fairly sure that their changelogs aren't reflective of all that changed in a version. I'm hoping so because 8.37.6 is a complete show stopper for me with the 1.3.0 xserver.

Michael's look at their development cycle tells us that they probably don't throw in fixes that well into the 'next' release. If a release in May is broken then it's probably July or August that would be the earliest possible fix.

We'll know more when the phoronix review is up and when the community tries it out.

Comment

Official Discussion Thread About 8.38: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3496
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X