AMD Opens Up XvBA! Their Catalyst Linux Video API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popper View Post
    it's more than just 'This feels like', it probably is a key part of 'the man with the plan' ,
    however in this case it doesn't seem to be bridgman , rather Tim Writer ECSD Liaison Engineer at AMD, Owner at SaaS 44 Inc. whoever he is ?
    That's me. I finally registered here and will answer questions about the XvBA SDK and XvBA Tools as best as I can and as time permits. I would prefer that technical discussions about usage of the SDK and Tools take place on the xvba-devel mailing list at SourceForge. So please join that list if you're using XvBA.

Tim

Comment

As a xvba-video already exists it would be much more interesting to know when

a) the headers are in the ati installer

b) when h264 l5.1 will work - without it is completely pointless

Comment

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
        I have no intention to package XvBA Tools.
        The primary purpose of XvBA Tools is to be sample code illustrating how to use XvBA so it really doesn't make sense to package it at this stage.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by markg85 View Post
          This API sadly is C and is sadly using GTK in the examples.. I'd rather see a C++ API using Qt but that might be personal preference as well
          I chose C for XvBA Tools for maximum compatibility. I've compiled it with g++ from time to time but some incompatibilities may have snuck in. If you find any, please report them on xvbat-devel at SourceForge.

I chose GTK+ because I didn't want to use C++ and because I think its use is more widespread on the platforms that AMD supports. This is sample code and the GUI is minimal so the choice of toolkit is not important.

Tim

Comment

twriter: Hello, please can you tell me if/when will H.264 L5.1 videos work over XvBA? This is really important to me.

Comment

Five year milestone today!
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
              X