Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomoco Is Still Around For Logitech Mice On Linux

Phoronix: Lomoco Is Still Around For Logitech Mice On Linux

While we haven't talked about Lomoco in a few years nor has there been a new release of this free software project for Logitech Mouse Control under Linux in a while, Lomoco is still being developed. Andreas Schneider is still working on Linux support for the latest Logitech mice via Lomoco...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm perfectly happy with my Steelseries Ikari Laser which does not require a driver for any OS to use it to its full potential. It would be nice to see other manufacturers follow their example, or at least support all the OS's their customers use their devices with.

Comment

This is exactly why I don't buy Logitech products. If they cannot even be bothered to release a basic driver for their products then I am not wasting my time and money on them.

Comment

This got me wondering: How good is the basic support from Logitech?

Of course you get a "working mice" from all USB mice, but I guess it's the shizzniz you're actually paying extra for that you're lacking in their Linux support.

I have an old MX510, and I'm suing logitech_applet with it to increase the dpi to it's maximum supported value. But that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Spain View Post
          I'm perfectly happy with my Steelseries Ikari Laser which does not require a driver for any OS to use it to its full potential. It would be nice to see other manufacturers follow their example, or at least support all the OS's their customers use their devices with.
          I agree, support the companies that supports us.

Comment

Ow, WOW. Respect to developer.

When I needed wireless mouse and 89key keyboard, I asked Logitech direct if they support linux for advanced functionality. The answer was "No, we do not support a community OS". Oracle, IBM, Novell are communists YEAH. Stupid answer, stupid company - stupid product. Using revoltec c202 and mstech lt390, no logitech garbage for me =)

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
              This got me wondering: How good is the basic support from Logitech?

Of course you get a "working mice" from all USB mice, but I guess it's the shizzniz you're actually paying extra for that you're lacking in their Linux support.

I have an old MX510, and I'm suing logitech_applet with it to increase the dpi to it's maximum supported value. But that's it.
              Get a mouse that does not need driver. A mouse with DPI key on itself.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                Get a mouse that does not need driver. A mouse with DPI key on itself.
                Well, yes, that would be the solution today. But now my mouse is around 8 years old, and still working =)
                But when it fails to do so, I'll look into something that works well in Linux, out-of-the-box.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  Well, yes, that would be the solution today. But now my mouse is around 8 years old, and still working =)
                  But when it fails to do so, I'll look into something that works well in Linux, out-of-the-box.
                  This is easier than you think, actually =)
                  Get all reviews from people on amazon & co.
                  Remove logitech and microsoft.
                  Make your pick =)

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                    This is easier than you think, actually =)
                    Get all reviews from people on amazon & co.
                    Remove logitech and microsoft.
                    Make your pick =)
                    Yeah, the Phoronix tests are also great!

Comment

Working...
                    X