Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: AMD Zacate E-350

I think that's the UMS path, dri2 should not call that function...

Quote Originally Posted by neckname View Post
    Code:
    ./src/radeon_driver.c
        if (info->ChipFamily >= CHIP_FAMILY_CEDAR) {
            xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex, X_INFO,
                       "No DRI yet on Evergreen\n");

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    I think that's the UMS path, dri2 should not call that function...
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I tried to find out if you are right, and I found this (on my own system, not the E-350):

glxinfo|grep -i dri
    Code:
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (RS780 9614) 20090101  TCL DRI2
    Compiled driver:
    Code:
    xf86-video-ati-6.14.1_build # hexdump -C src/.libs/radeon_driver.o |grep -C 2 yet
    0000c2e0  65 63 21 0a 00 55 6e 61  62 6c 65 20 74 6f 20 61  |ec!..Unable to a|
    0000c2f0  6c 6c 6f 63 61 74 65 20  63 70 20 72 65 63 21 0a  |llocate cp rec!.|
    0000c300  00 4e 6f 20 44 52 49 20  79 65 74 20 6f 6e 20 45  |.No DRI yet on E|
    0000c310  76 65 72 67 72 65 65 6e  0a 00 44 69 72 65 63 74  |vergreen..Direct|
    0000c320  20 72 65 6e 64 65 72 69  6e 67 20 66 6f 72 63 65  | rendering force|
    I guess that part of the sourcecode is being compiled, so "XF86DRI" seems to be set.
    radeon_driver.c:
    Code:
    [...]
    #ifdef XF86DRI
    [...]
        if (info->ChipFamily >= CHIP_FAMILY_CEDAR) {
            xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex, X_INFO,
                       "No DRI yet on Evergreen\n");
            return FALSE;
        }
    [...]
    This is the message we saw in the xorg.log and there is no other apperance of this warning in the sourcecode.

If I am reading the glxinfo output correctly, I'm running DRI2. Is this sufficent or do I have to check something else to see if it is DRI or DRI2?

Missed the 1 minute editing-limit: I think I have mixed up DRI/DRI2 and UMS/KMS
    So.. you think this part of the code is only called when not using KMS, i.e using KMS will work, not using KMS won't work?

Yes, I think the official position was not to make UMS accel at all for the new chips.

Haven't yet had the chance to play with the notebook again, just wanted to say thanks:

Thanks.

To anyone with an E-350: we have uncovered the secret of undervolting, with good results. This processor has a lot of voltage headroom and you can reduce power consumption and temperatures by a few degrees both at idle and under load.

This post details how to undervolt your E-350 by modifying pstate vids (safe) and this post explains how to enable coolsense for HP dm1z netbooks under linux:

http://aceracpi.googlecode.com/svn/trun ... acer_ec.pl
    sudo ./acer_ec.pl := 0x5A 2
    sudo ./acer_ec.pl := 0x5B 2

Default Stinking edit limit

The correct link for acer_ec.pl is http://aceracpi.googlecode.com/svn/t..._ec/acer_ec.pl

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Nope that does not help for Debian 6.0 aka squeeze. I wrote a test script that did not create symlinks but changed the package to match the new xvba-va-driver package (but would work with any xvba-video update package too). The libva 1.0.1 in squeeze seems to be too old. No correct vainfo output at least.

Instead of installing xvba-video manually you can just install in in Debian testing/sid:

apt-get install xvba-va-driver

Ubuntu natty has 0.7.7 instead of 0.7.8, maybe file a bug. You can fetch of course the debian package for it:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/xvba-va-driver

Best get of the old xvba-video package if you installed it already:

dpkg --purge xvba-video

it does nothing anyway when you don't use libva from

http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/libva/

which uses a completely different packageing. It is really sad that those packages are not compatible. Also why does it need to be in non-free? It would be more logical when it would be in the normal repository just like vdpau-va-driver as the xvba sdk is available - so source could be released too...

Hi Kano - I recently built an htpc with amd fusion / e-350. I installed ubuntu natty amd64, and built my own xbmc with vaapi support

I manually installed from splitted desktop:

xvba-video_0.7.8-1_amd64.deb
    libva_0.32.0-1+sds2.tar.gz

and the latest catalyst 11.5 from ubuntu's x-updates ppa.

Whenever I try to play any h264 content in xbmc with "vaapi accelaration" enabled in it, it will crash X. If I disable, xbmc can play any content with no problem (a no acceleration...)

You seem to have gotten vaapi to fully work on linux. Did you do this in natty/amd64? any caveat like a missing link or something else?

What do you mean when you say that the packaging is broken - can that be affecting the install I have?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ariel View Post
    Hi Kano - I recently built an htpc with amd fusion / e-350. I installed ubuntu natty amd64, and built my own xbmc with vaapi support

I manually installed from splitted desktop:

xvba-video_0.7.8-1_amd64.deb
    libva_0.32.0-1+sds2.tar.gz

and the latest catalyst 11.5 from ubuntu's x-updates ppa.

Whenever I try to play any h264 content in xbmc with "vaapi accelaration" enabled in it, it will crash X. If I disable, xbmc can play any content with no problem (a no acceleration...)

You seem to have gotten vaapi to fully work on linux. Did you do this in natty/amd64? any caveat like a missing link or something else?

What do you mean when you say that the packaging is broken - can that be affecting the install I have?

Thanks

I tried Catalyst 11.3 + CatlystHacks libva + xvba from splitted desktop following this link:

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx

I haven't got a chance to try it on Natty yet. I hope the same solution works for Natty.

Quote Originally Posted by jaszhou View Post
    I tried Catalyst 11.3 + CatlystHacks libva + xvba from splitted desktop following this link:

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx

I haven't got a chance to try it on Natty yet. I hope the same solution works for Natty.
    Thanks for the quick reply. It seems that on natty there is a packaging problem/conflict between splitted desktop (and also catalyhacks' ppa) version of libva and xbmc.
    It is described in this post:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...8&postcount=20

Still trying to figure out how to solve this conflict without having xbmc removed...