No announcement yet.

AMD Zacate E-350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I tried get hardware acceleration support via Gnash (0.8.9) but without a success. Flash acceleration is the only one thing which not work, 1080p in MPlayer etc. works very well. If someone will get hw acceleration via Gnash I will be thankfull for share some experiences.

Comment

I am also wondering about XBMC and Mythtv.

Comment

haha mythtv

The mythtv developers are a little slow. Mythtv is pretty awesome I use it but it takes them forever to catch up to mplayer, as far as video/audio support, for nvidia or amd.

Comment

I highly doubt they will have va-api ready for the next release. Probably two more years at least.

Comment

I want to get HTML5 video running smoothly on this platform, anyone have any luck doing so?

AMD's support site led me to Catalyst 11.2. So far I see 40-50% CPU usage during windowed playback and it starts to stutter in fullscreen

Comment

hardware acceleration

I was only able to achieve satisfactory video playback for 720p mkvs by uninstalling Compiz on my Sony Vaio YB1 with an E350.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could post a detailed how-to on how to offload video rendering to the GPU...

Comment

Ethernet performance

Hi!

I'm thinking about building a small file server using these small motherboards.
                Does anyone have some numbers on real world performance like:
                - copy some files over Ethernet (samba or nfs) to/from disk
                - copy some files over Ethernet (samba or nfs) to/from ramdisk

Thanks,

Comment

My E-350 also serves as a fileserver. NFS for the linux clients and samba for the windows world.

As primary boot medium I use a Solid State Disk with 60GB. The files are stored on a 2TB WD20EARS drive. This drive is fully encrypted using dm-crypt AES XTS and 512 bit chiffre blocks.

I could get approx 40MB/s transfered over Ethernet - but it is "that" slow because of the crypto stuff. I think unencrypted you really could get maximum of Gigabit Ethernet.

I/O performance is quite good - let's wait for UVD3 full support on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by fritsch View Post
                    My E-350 also serves as a fileserver. NFS for the linux clients and samba for the windows world.

As primary boot medium I use a Solid State Disk with 60GB. The files are stored on a 2TB WD20EARS drive. This drive is fully encrypted using dm-crypt AES XTS and 512 bit chiffre blocks.

I could get approx 40MB/s transfered over Ethernet - but it is "that" slow because of the crypto stuff. I think unencrypted you really could get maximum of Gigabit Ethernet.

I/O performance is quite good - let's wait for UVD3 full support on the other side.
                    Since yesterday i also have a custom HTPC setup with the Fusion E-350 chip and so far it works really nice! Even VAAPI (in xbmc) works awesome without tearing! However, when i disable vaapi and use software rendering i get tearing and (naturally) a high cpu load. I can't turn "tear free" on since it tells me i have to little vram

Comment

Originally posted by fritsch View Post

Sorry for the OT question. But, how useful is it to encrypt the data of a samba server? How/where is the password for decryption entered?
                      I'm asking because on my samba file server every Windows client must have access to the stored data when the server is switched on. If the password is on the system then it would get stolen together with the hardware and the encryption would be useless.

Cheers,
                      mibo

Comment

Working...
                      X