Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiz + Beryl = Compiz Fusion

Phoronix News: Compiz + Beryl = Compiz Fusion

We previously reported that Beryl and Compiz would be merging, but the name and some of the details were unknown. However, today we now know the name of the Beryl and Compiz merge: Compiz Fusion. Compiz Fusion marks the combined efforts of Beryl and Compiz developers, and already we have a number of new features. Compiz Fusion already sports a new zoom plug-in with select and zoom and panning. Another new feature introduced is a new CompizConfig Settings Manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

anyone know the schedule for the first Fusion release?

and presumably it will be built on the Compiz 0.5 code?

Comment

Originally posted by R3MF View Post
      anyone know the schedule for the first Fusion release?
      When I talked with Quinn Storm during the Linux Foundation Summit, it sounded like it still would be a couple months out.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

hmmm

cheers for the info.

Comment

Would be funny if Compiz Fusion would be released on the day where FGRLX supports AIGLX

Comment

I compiz fusion is only a couple of months out, I wouldn't count on AMD/ATI to release an fglrx driver with aiglx enable in time for it's release.

Comment

Working...
            X