No announcement yet.

Mono 2.10, Moonlight 4 Preview 1 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake me up when moonlight supports netflix.

Comment

While you're writing about such crap you could at least stop pointing to the morons blog.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
        While you're writing about such crap you could at least stop pointing to the morons blog.
        That's probably to get higher in google search.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
          I can't even install Moonlight 2.x because I'm not letting it pull in most of Gnome via rsvg.
          Uh, huh. According to the librsvg build script, it has a hard dependency on gtk+, and optionally, libcroco and libgsf - neither of which have any particularly excessive requirements (glib, libxml, etc).

So, half of Gnome might be exaggerating a little?

Comment

Dear mono.

NO I don't want you.

*tries to chain itself to me and strangling me*
            *fails*

Stupid mono-disease, just die or something, leave my computer alone - and don't you dare to slip Digital Rights Management into my packet manager while uninstalling!
            *Gets killed*

Comment

Originally posted by leif81
              Originally posted by plonoma View Post
              Stupid mono-disease, just die or something, leave my computer alone - and don't you dare to slip Digital Rights Management into my packet manager while uninstalling!
              This is funny. One complanis that Moonlight is worthless without DRM. The other complains that Moonlight installs DRM behind his back.

Fact: Mono/Moonlight do not support DRM at all and don't install anything behind your back. This is why Netflix doesn't work - and won't work in the foreseeable future. Your best solution is to bugger them for HTML5 support or a standalone player.

Comment

Is silverlight even that important? Maybe I don't go to the "right" websites, but I never encountered a single one that required silver/moonlight plugin to work. Am I doing something wrong or is that plugin rarely used?

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                  Is silverlight even that important? Maybe I don't go to the "right" websites, but I never encountered a single one that required silver/moonlight plugin to work. Am I doing something wrong or is that plugin rarely used?
                  It's not used very much on the web (fortunately). Microsoft is now placing it as a quick 'n' dirty tool for line-of-buisiness applications. It actually is quite valuable there as it simplifies distributions in corporate intranets.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    In the corrupt country where I currently live (the Microsoft Kingdom of the Netherlands) Silverlight is used by about every broadcaster to deliver tv programs over the Internet. But their content is usually shit anyways, not comparable with the top notch content from Transmission

Some examples:

Op 26 mei 2014 was de laatste uitzending van de legendarische Talkshow van Pauw en Witteman die door de VARA werd uitgezonden. De website die bij het programma hoorde bestaat niet meer maar op deze gemist pagina kun je de uitzendingen en fragmenten terugvinden..

Comment

Originally posted by leif81 View Post
                      Netflix requires Silverlight with DRM.
                      So once mono has DRM on linux you will wake up.

Please, please never wake up, just take this kilogramm of sleeping pils and some alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                      X