Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono 2.10, Moonlight 4 Preview 1 Released

Phoronix: Mono 2.10, Moonlight 4 Preview 1 Released

Not only has Miguel de Icaza found the time this week to praise the Microsoft-Nokia Windows Phone 7 deal, but he and his team have released Mono 2.10 and the first preview of Moonlight 4...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why these news are so important to make an article for them? I mean who really cares about moonlight and bullshits? Better news would be to say that some new wallpapers were added in gnomelook.org...

Comment

The GPU acceleration actually sounds quite interesting as it leverages Gallium3D, with fall-backs to OpenGL when Gallium3D is not available.
      It seems that is backwards. They are using OpenGL 2.0 by default, for maximum portability. If it doesn't find a suitable driver, then instead it falls back to Gallium3D to do software rendering.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
        Why these news are so important to make an article for them? I mean who really cares about moonlight and bullshits?
        Isn't it obvious? Mono is a piece of controversial software, means page views, means ad impressions. Just look at the previous Mono topic, almost 4000 replies, that's well more than above average. So phoronix just tries to milk it some more, that's all. This isn't about what is important, or interesting, or newsworthy, this is about business driven 'journalism' where ad impressions come first.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          Just look at the previous Mono topic, almost 4000 replies
          s/replies/views

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
            Isn't it obvious? Mono is a piece of controversial software, means page views, means ad impressions. Just look at the previous Mono topic, almost 4000 replies, that's well more than above average. So phoronix just tries to milk it some more, that's all. This isn't about what is important, or interesting, or newsworthy, this is about business driven 'journalism' where ad impressions come first.
            Yep that sound right.....You seem to have him figured.

Comment

Mono has completely surpassed .Net in features. Embrace and extend from the Linux side - awesome!

Comment

Moonlight?

I installed the preview of Moonlight 4 and... still nothing works. Not even the frontpage demo on Silverlight.net. I only get "install Silverlight" logos wherever I go. Seems like it doesn't really work with Fx 4.0 Beta at least.

Comment

Some people have reported incompatibilities with other plugins, like Moonshine. Don't have it installed myself, so I can't test.

Comment

I can't even install Moonlight 2.x because I'm not letting it pull in most of Gnome via rsvg. Do I give one iota of a damn about this? Outlook not so good.

I have to agree that this seems to be pretty much non-news and I feel like a sucker for clicking on the discussion link. :/

Comment

Working...
                    X