Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 11.2 Linux Driver Released

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 11.2 Linux Driver Released

AMD has just issued their Catalyst 11.2 Linux driver update. It's now available from AMD.com but their release notes as usual are of little use, so here's the Phoronix scoop on this month's update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hey, Q was right! It is slimmer

Comment

Does it support kernel 2.6.38 yet, or is hacking needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        and they work hard on the video acceleration flash support.
        So are you saying that they finally adopted vdpau since that is the only acceleration support in flash currently?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          "current" is a kind of word you don't understand in a therm of Future meaning.

like in the kindergarten i talk about the future and you put your shit about "current" in this forum.
          Right, in the future we will be in all flying cars too.

Comment

Tear free and full screen in Flash

In my hardware, HD4650, if I enable tear free video, it works great, but you watch a flash video in flash screen, you can't go back to windowed mode, you get an unresponsive white screen. You need to ctrl-alt-f2 and then ctrl-alt-f7. This unlocks the screen. The bug still occurs in 11.2, I just checked ...

Comment

I got curious, what does the "distribution packaging scripts" do? Is it to supply ready-to-ditribute packages for for Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                I got curious, what does the "distribution packaging scripts" do? Is it to supply ready-to-ditribute packages for for Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo, etc?
                Nevermind, saw that it was ArchLinux, Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, RedFlag, Slackware, SuSe, Ubuntu

Comment

Corruption and soft-lock when I enable tearfree here (white rectangles with noise sprinkled in). Root consoles don't work but kernel reboot does.

11.2 on Ubuntu 10.10, amd64, 4850.

11.1 would also soft-lock, albeit without corruption.

Any ideas?

Comment

Get another card or driver

Comment

Working...
                    X