AMD Catalyst 11.2 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Corruption and soft-lock when I enable tearfree here (white rectangles with noise sprinkled in). Root consoles don't work but kernel reboot does.

11.2 on Ubuntu 10.10, amd64, 4850.

11.1 would also soft-lock, albeit without corruption.

Any ideas?
    Works for me with my 4850, with both 11.1 and 11.2.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Works for me with my 4850, with both 11.1 and 11.2.
      Trying to find similarities:
      - 512MB or 1GB version? (Mine is 512MB)
      - Did you use --buildpkg or did you run the installer directly?

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        I got curious, what does the "distribution packaging scripts" do? Is it to supply ready-to-ditribute packages for for Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo, etc?
        I know you answered yourself already But for the sake of clarity: the installer has an option that builds native packages for your distribution. This is by far the best installation method (it is easier to uninstall, upgrade, avoid conflicts with other software, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
          Trying to find similarities:
          - 512MB or 1GB version? (Mine is 512MB)
          - Did you use --buildpkg or did you run the installer directly?
          1GB version. Used --buildpkg for Ubuntu, but also works with the ATI Installer on Fedora. So it's probably a VRAM issue.

Comment

Gonna download them, but just wanted to say first: thanks for providing a direct link!

Comment

checksum please

I wish ATI would post sha &or md5.

ati-driver-installer-11-2-x86.x86_64.run

sha1sum:
              adfa10cfc75d0859538ecefa953c982567bbf49e

md5sum:
              4db782c2a7924b965918275c39157a28

Comment

Catalyst version didn't increment

I did --buildpkg Ubuntu/maverick and then installed with dpkg but when I run the Catalyst Control Center the Catalyst version is still listed as 10.8 in the Information section. Anyone else seeing this or have I done something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by tsuru View Post
                  I did --buildpkg Ubuntu/maverick and then installed with dpkg but when I run the Catalyst Control Center the Catalyst version is still listed as 10.8 in the Information section. Anyone else seeing this or have I done something wrong?
                  Have you restarted the x-server? (you might also need a reboot, though I am not positive about this)

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
                    Have you restarted the x-server? (you might also need a reboot, though I am not positive about this)
                    Yes, restarted X and full reboot with 30 secs of no power.

Comment

ccc reports old version

>>when I run the Catalyst Control Center the Catalyst version is still listed as 10.8 in the Information section<<

Known issue. Search the forums you should find the details. Basically you need to manually delete some files that get left by the previous driver version. IIRC you have to nuke /etc/ati/. Then reinstall the new driver and it will put the new versions in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X