R600 Gallium3D Driver Now Supports S3TC Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drago View Post
    Anyone knows whether to find libtxc_dxtn sources?

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
      Anyone knows whether to find libtxc_dxtn sources?
      Never mind. I found it.

Comment

It's time to update radeonfeature I think this qualifies at least as WIP if not MOSTLY.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
          As soon it's in rawhide, I will erase fglrx from my HDD
          I will wait until it runs the Penumbra series (especially the latest one because I've already finished the rest). It's actually the reason I installed fglrx, just for that set of wunderful games!

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            someone buy Dave a beer (or more)
            Actually , someone should really buy more AMD cards. But it won't help Dave. Beer is just enough to live, best currency.

Comment

hope to see this in a PPA soon!

Comment

Performance improvements ?

Aside from the legal problems (numerous users can read dvds with ppas or kinda), do this support bring some performance improvement, or is it just a matter of more games/apps running with Mesa drivers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
                  Aside from the legal problems (numerous users can read dvds with ppas or kinda), do this support bring some performance improvement, or is it just a matter of more games/apps running with Mesa drivers ?
                  This will not bring performance improvements, but it adds an extremely important piece of functionality which was completely missing.

There is plenty of optimisation going on at the time, too, so don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
                    If anything, this will decrease performance because games that require s3tc will now display textures.
                    Or maybe it'll increase performance on games that refuse to start without s3tc.

But all in all, it shouldn't affect performance at all.

Comment

I'm curious as to what Dave meant when he was referring to the kernel? Is something related to s3tc being put into the kernel?

Comment

Working...
                      X