FC6 Radeon X1400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC6 Radeon X1400

Thanks to this site I was able to get the fglrx driver installed and working.

My question is, with a Radeon X1400 on FC6, is there currently any way to get the Desktop Effects (AIXGL) working? I understand from another post that the fglrx driver doesn't yet support AIXGL and the open source radeon driver doesn't support the X1400. Is this correct?

kb

Originally posted by kbosak View Post
    Thanks to this site I was able to get the fglrx driver installed and working.

My question is, with a Radeon X1400 on FC6, is there currently any way to get the Desktop Effects (AIXGL) working? I understand from another post that the fglrx driver doesn't yet support AIXGL and the open source radeon driver doesn't support the X1400. Is this correct?

kb
    Welcome to the forums.

You are correct that the open-source Radeon drivers do not support the X1000 series and that the fglrx drivers do not currently support AIGLX. This support, however, will hopefully come soon to the drivers. XGL though should run fine on the current drivers.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thx for the confirmation. I'll wait impatiently for AIGLX support. I'm running it on a desktop and I love them jiggly windows

Comment

Hello:

Does the new version of the ati driver (8.30.3) support AIGLX? Also, I haven't been able to get OpenGL acceleration on my system inspite of trying the reference xorg.conf file from the forums.

This is the case even if I use the 8.29.6 or the latest drivers! please help!!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

The drivers do not support AIGLX.

You need to provide more information (e.g. what is happening and your X log) so we can provide help.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hi all. I've just joined after some massive googling to track down the root of my problem. Is there anything special that needs to be done to use XGL?

I have the fglrx driver installed and running, and have
            Code:
            Section "Extensions"
                    Option      "Composite" "false"
            EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
               Option "AIGLX" "off"
            EndSection
            in my xorg.conf file, which gives me

display: :0.0 screen: 0
            OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
            OpenGL renderer string: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 Generic
            OpenGL version string: 2.0.6286 (8.33.6)

from fglrxinfo, and no EE warnings in Xorg.0.log (thanks to adding the AIGLX off bit), but when I try to run beryl-xgl I get

Code:
            Detected xserver                                : AIGLX

Checking Display :0.0 ...

Checking for XComposite extension               : failed
            Am I missing something blindingly obvious? Cheers in advance for any help

Comment

Working...
            X