Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Sound System Goes Open-Source

Phoronix News: Open Sound System Goes Open-Source

Announced on the OpenSolaris forums by 4Front Technologies is that they will be open-sourcing the Open Sound System (OSS) on June 14th. 4Front's Open Sound will be licensed under the CDDL for Solaris and GPLv2 for Linux, BSD, and other platforms. This is great news and you can share your thoughts on it in the Phoronix Foruns. Additional information will come a week from today, June 14, when the announcement is officially made...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how crippled it is going to be after the proprietary code is removed.

Comment

That'd be my take. It's only still relevant to the Linux space because it supports some chipsets that ALSA does not- it's certainly not relevant to the Linux kernel as they discarded it when the OSS primary developer took it at least partially proprietary.

Comment

more choices... better for me

Comment

Working...
        X