X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[root@localhost home]# glxinfo | grep direct
    direct rendering: Yes
    [root@localhost home]#

I have Steam and World of Warcraft installed using Wine, both the installs ran flawlessly, i modifed World of Warcraft to run using OpenGL instead of Direct3D. Upon launching both of those games, i get a black screen then back to FC6 with an Error message saying no 3D Acceleration was found. Any ideas?

Comment

anyone???? ideas please?

Comment

glxinfo: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1: file too sho

WHAT I HAVE TO DO... WHAT IS WORNG .PLS... :-(

my glxinfo
        glxinfo: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1: file too short
        -----------------------------------------
        xglrxinfo
        fglrxinfo: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1: file too short
        rpm -qa --queryformat %{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{ARCH}\\n | grep kernel | sort
        kernel-2.6.19-i686
        kernel-devel-2.6.19-i686
        kernel-headers-2.6.19-i386
        rpm -qa | grep qt-devel
        qt-devel-3.3.7-0.1.fc6
        rpm -qa | grep fglrx
        xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.33.6-1.lvn6
        kmod-fglrx-8.33.6-1.2.6.19_1.2911.fc6
        xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-debuginfo-8.33.6-1.lvn6

Comment

i still have no 3D acceleration....any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by c0le View Post
            i still have no 3D acceleration....any other input would be greatly appreciated.
            Where exactly are you running into problems again, c0le? With so many people asking different questions in the same thread, etc... Everyones problems are starting to get mixed up and which ones I had commented on.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Where exactly are you running into problems again, c0le? With so many people asking different questions in the same thread, etc... Everyones problems are starting to get mixed up and which ones I had commented on.

Okay, i can run Counter-Strike in software mode and it actually runs quite well except with bad graphics of course. When i try to change it to Direct3D or OpenGL modes, i get an error message saying
              "ChoosePixelFormat failed"

When i try to run World of Warcraft, i geth an error message saying
              "World of Warcraft was unable to startup 3D Acceleration."

the commands i tried in previous posts in the console showed the my drivers were installed properly, but obviously they are not. Any ideas?

Also, i noticed there is newer Linux ATI drivers out since we were last discussing this issue, have you tried them yet?

Comment

The Fedora scripts in 8.35 have removed the fireglcontrolpanel. This thread is now closed.

If you run into other issues please open a new thread.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                X