690G support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 690G support

I'm looking at updating my PVR within the next two months, and I've been looking at the 690G vs. the 7050pv chipset from Nvidia. The TV-out being available on boards of both types is fairly nice, as it cuts back one of the cards in the system. My question is this: What do you folks think the likelyhood is of ATI having decent linux support for the chipset this summer? specifically the TV-out capibilities.
    This is the first time I've entertained the thought of using ATI hardware for a good long time, but I'm still leary; the memories of past support are still fairly fresh.

Charlie

Originally posted by charlie_D View Post
    I'm looking at updating my PVR within the next two months, and I've been looking at the 690G vs. the 7050pv chipset from Nvidia. The TV-out being available on boards of both types is fairly nice, as it cuts back one of the cards in the system. My question is this: What do you folks think the likelyhood is of ATI having decent linux support for the chipset this summer? specifically the TV-out capibilities.
    This is the first time I've entertained the thought of using ATI hardware for a good long time, but I'm still leary; the memories of past support are still fairly fresh.

Charlie
    At the point of time, if anyone ask me to recommend, it will definitely be NVIDIA...

Comment

Originally posted by lenrek View Post
      At the point of time, if anyone ask me to recommend, it will definitely be NVIDIA...
      I have to agree with lenrek. Anyone buying ATI hardware, with full knowledge of the current situation, is plainly stupid.

However, maybe the situation is different for motherboard chips than it is for video boards? I can't find any reports (good or bad) about 690g's linux compatibility (granted, I didn't look that hard).

Comment

Working...
      X