Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine OilRush Drills Closer To Release

Phoronix: Unigine OilRush Drills Closer To Release

While Unigine Corp has yet to provide any public beta of its forthcoming OilRush strategy game or to even begin the pre-order process for interested Windows and Linux gamers, following our exclusive preview of Unigine OilRush back in December using an early development build available to Unigine Corp partners, we now have an updated build. This new build, which still is only available to Unigine's partners and deemed confidential, now puts OilRush at version 0.54 while running atop the very latest Unigine Engine.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Let us pre-order already, Denis -- you need to let people test this game with a wide variety of distros and hardware combinations before release, so you have a chance to iron out any bugs before you start moving your development team off your released game to another project.

I'm willing to give you full retail price if you'll just let me test it and provide you with what are likely to be informative bug reports on any problems I had. The game looks fantastic and I am ready to give you my money, even if the game I initially download is disappointing in terms of completeness or bugs. I want to help. You're taking the Linux plunge; you deserve it.

Comment

Hmm I'm always dubious when people say they'll help by submitting bug reports

Perhaps to get on the beta you should have to provide a list of bug numbers from different projects proving you do submit them and show the quality of your bug reporting

Maybe with extra brownie points for patches supplied

That way they can weed out the folks that just want to play the game and allow the ones that want to improve the game play the beta

Just a thought

Comment

Why just testing with the proprietary drivers ? That's not really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickabouille View Post
          It's more interesting than saying that the game doesn't run on the open source drivers.
          I love the open source drivers, but they still can't run the old Unigine Sanctuary demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickabouille View Post
            It will be a long time before the open drivers can properly handle OilRush...
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              It will be a long time before the open drivers can properly handle OilRush...
              Ah, that's the only information I was interested in. Thank you ! Though having more detail about what misses would be valuable too.

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
                It's more interesting than saying that the game doesn't run on the open source drivers.
                I love the open source drivers, but they still can't run the old Unigine Sanctuary demo.
                They can if you compile the right version - HINT - you need some patented stuff.

Comment

The game looks awesome. My only concern is that the units look so small on the screen that you can only see their wake and not the unit itself. I'm concerned this will impact gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    The game looks awesome. My only concern is that the units look so small on the screen that you can only see their wake and not the unit itself. I'm concerned this will impact gameplay.
                    They don't look any smaller then say C&C infantry and such. Guess you could always fall back to a lower resolution, get a bigger monitor or use the zoom function (assuming it has one like all other recent RTS games).

Comment

Working...
                    X