Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexuiz 2.3 Released

Phoronix News: Nexuiz 2.3 Released

We haven't heard much on Nexuiz lately, the open-source 3D first person shooter, but with it being the two year anniversary that the game has been out there, we finally have a new release. In Nexuiz 2.3 the gaming engine has received a massive overhaul, which results in a 50-500% performance increase along with more beautiful renderings. In addition to the engine improvements, Nexuiz now has a number of new maps, reworked texture effects, and fixing up the weapons in this game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Downloaded the new version, runs very well. 6600GT, A64 3400+, get avg around 40-50fps @1024x768 with all the effects on (no HDR but bloom) and 2xAF. Very niiiice. Hopefully Alientrap's other game comes out soon(ish)

Comment

Been a while...

It's been a while since I last played this! I can't remember what frame rates I was getting, but they weren't great at high resolutions. Perhaps it's time I give this game another look... 500% improvements are nothing to sneeze at!

Comment

Working...
      X