Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why my radeon9550 don't support X-Video?(ubuntu5.10/ati's 8.29.6 drivers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why my radeon9550 don't support X-Video?(ubuntu5.10/ati's 8.29.6 drivers)

HI!
    I am using ubuntu 5.10(In fact i use freebsd6.1/ubuntu5.10/windows xp tri-system.) and I have installed ati's 8.29.6 drivers for my RADEON 9550 card. everything works fine even the video acceleration. The only problem is that when I play a video(using mplayer -vo xv)are invalid. Then i type "xvinfo"and "fglrxinfo",it show:
    xiang1206@ubuntu:~$ xvinfo
    X-Video Extension version 2.2
    screen #0
    no adaptors present.

xiang1206@ubuntu:~$ fglrxinfo
    display: :0.0 screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: RADEON 9550 Generic
    OpenGL version string:
    2.0.6065 (8.29.6)

i add
    UseInternalAGPGART "no"
    PseudoColorVisuals "yes"
    VideoOverlay "on"
    OpenGLOverlay "off" to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    but problem is all the same!

Can you help me? I think the problem is the RADEON 9550 card don't support X-Video,However,i can use mplayer -vo xv /home/mover/*.rmvb when i use freebsd6.1, and "xvinfo" show is correct in freebsd6.1.
    If you want some screenshots I will provide them.

thanks in advance.

netstree:

See: http://phoronix.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35

Adding the TexturedVideo option should allow you to use X-Video.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      netstree:

See: http://phoronix.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35

Adding the TexturedVideo option should allow you to use X-Video.
      Thank Michael!
      When i am off duty,i will try at night and report the result.
      Maybe the ati 8.29.6 that i am using is too fresh

Comment

Hi!
        unlucky!
        Add TexturedVideo "on" or "true" to xorg.conf don't ravel out my problem.
        When i used "ati" instead of "fglrx" in xorg.conf,i get correct xvinfo!i enjoyed video use "mplayer -vo xv /home/movie/*",but i found fglrxinfo is iscorrect,it isn't show "radeon 9550",and fgl_glxgears isn't use.
        i think i alreadly back the driver that i install via "sudo apt-get install xorg-driver-fglrx".

The incompatibilityati's of 8.29.6 and xvideo?
        My GOD,who can help me?
        Last edited by netstree; 26 October 2006, 09:35 PM.

Comment

netstree,

When you specify "ati" as the driver in your X configuration you are not using ATI's official proprietary fglrx driver.

By chance are you using an x86_64 installer on an X 6.9+ system or are you using X 7.1? Those are two known environments with fglrx + X-Video issues at this time.

Have you tried doing a dist-upgrade for Dapper Drake or Edgy Eft?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks!

I know the environments from:
            "...
            Known Issues

The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of ATI Proprietary Linux driver. These issues include:

* Attempting to install the ATI Proprietary Linux driver on distributions that have updated certain 3D components outside of the stock XOrg 6.8.2 may result in the driver not initializing 3D applications properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20868
            * A system hang may occur when attempting to resume from hibernation mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22059
            * Loading the XVideo Extension on 64-bit Xorg 6.9+ systems causes the X Server to segfault on launch with ATI Radeon X1K products. Further details and the workaround can be found in topic number 737-22837
            * Users with X Server X.org 7.1 can not play any video using XV. The ATI AVIVO Video adaptor is not present. Further details and the workaround can be found in topic number 737-22852
            "

I used AMD2500+ and xorg7.0,but i will check my X at night again.

"Have you tried doing a dist-upgrade for Dapper Drake or Edgy Eft?"
            It's unprosperous when i install ubuntu6.06 from LiveCD.Maybe dist-upgrade is a good idea,i will try later.

Comment

Working...
            X