• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone knows why these patches aren't working:

Edit: for 2.6.37

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      Reiser4 had huristics for determining which files should be compressed when using the compress option, it also allowed you to choose which compression you'd like to use zlib, lzo and another that I can't remember just now
      Btrfs also allows this. I've been seeing patches that allow this in the mailing lists a while back. No idea when it'll trickle down to distribution repositories though.

Btrfs also determines which blocks are compressible, although you can force it to compress all blocks using a mount option (not sure what it is)

Comment

If they say it's ready then I'd say give it a chance on mainline. Though people have gotten in trouble for code dumping before and history shows that going mainline doesn't necessarily attract volunteers to maintain said dumped code blob. If things start breaking and nobody cares they shouldn't have any reservations about removing it either.

Comment

I haven't heard of this "reiserfs" thing, is it new? I have heard of hans reiser though, he's the developer behind murderFS, right?

Joking aside, no major vendor is going to go for murderfs because of its association with... murder. They figure that its the equivalent of catching the plague -- nobody hangs around after you've got it.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
            I haven't heard of this "reiserfs" thing, is it new? I have heard of hans reiser though, he's the developer behind murderFS, right?

Joking aside, no major vendor is going to go for murderfs because of its association with... murder. They figure that its the equivalent of catching the plague -- nobody hangs around after you've got it.
            Dumbest comment ever. MurderFS? Are u kidding me? But yes, reiser4 was cool back then, now BTRFS is the next big thing in linux.

Comment

Working...
            X