Fedora Core 6 With NVIDIA Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Core 6 With NVIDIA Drivers

Like I have done for the ATI fglrx drivers, I have written a script to automatically package (and download if need be) the NVIDIA 1.0-9626 display drivers to make it an easy installation process for those new to Linux.

The script can be downloaded @ http://www.michaellarabel.com/downlo...ia-fc6-9626.sh

To build the NVIDIA drivers you need kernel-devel and kernel-headers installed along with xorg-X11-server-sdk and the standard development packages.

The script should work with both x86 and x86_64 architectures. If the driver is unable to locate the x86 or x86_64 driver in the working directory as the script, it will attempt to download the respective architecture from NVIDIA HTTP. The script is set to work for the 1.0-9626 display drivers.

All this script does is automatically patch the nv-linux header file so it no longer relies on linux/config.h but now refers to linux/autoconf.h. This script should no longer be needed once NVIDIA releases new updated drivers.

This was made at user request, and I haven't properly tested it, etc... yet. If you run into any problems just post.

Also, Livna is a viable alternative for those who want RPMs.
    Last edited by Michael; 24 October 2006, 10:46 PM.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Typos

Hi,

I just tried the script and it had a few errors:

config.h reference is not in nv.h but nv-linux.h

I think some of the if, fi loops are off as you fi before else if; I just used the patch anyway (well saw what it did and applied it).

After that was working X failed to load due to selinux. Being new to all this I just disabled selinux altogether and the driver works.

[amadeus@poff ~]$ glxinfo | grep pixmap
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_NV_float_buffer
    GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_NV_float_buffer,

I'm running Fedora Core 6 release.

However the "Enable Desktop effects" fails with just the message: "Desktop effects could not be enabled".

Any ideas how I can get this working?

Thanks,

Amadeus
    Last edited by amadeus_z; 27 October 2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Ok so I found the solution from a google cache page:

I needed to add the following to xorg.conf:

Section "Extensions"
      Option "Composite"
      EndSection

In the "Device" section, add:
      Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"

In the "Module" section, add:
      Load "extmod"

Comment

Working...