8.37 Driver Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.37 Driver Delay

Assuming the new drivers were supposed to come out today, will the delay be only a few days, or will we have to wait until sometime next month? It seems that if big changes are on the horizon (new opengl arch, aiglx), it might be more efficient to just work on that instead of worrying about releases every month...

the day is not over yet.

8.35 or 8.36 went out at 7pm of my local time.

as far as aiglx etc goes - i'd say it might come by around october or so.

Comment

nothing this month then!

no driver at all this month (unless the website is broken). sure it probably wasn't going to work, but now ...

Comment

Their website is not broken.

AMD's position remains on delivering drivers on a monthly basis

Today is the end of the month and we have yet to see a driver this month. Does that say anything about what Phoronix will be posting today?
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

AMD's position remains on delivering drivers on a monthly basis
          their recent trend is pushing out drivers on the very last day of the month, just because there has to be a month with a release. well that's my impression anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
            recently they seem to be pushing out drivers on the very last day of the month, just because there has to be a month with a release :]
            That's not the truth... You'll see more in the AMD article coming out at Phoronix tomorrow...

They always aim for the middle of the month, sometimes the Windows driver though gets delayed (or Linux one in some cases). Since both drivers launch on the same day, both releases get pushed back.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              They always aim for the middle of the month, sometimes the Windows driver though gets delayed (or Linux one in some cases). Since both drivers launch on the same day, both releases get pushed back.
              Well, it looks like the release may not happen today... Linux users need to sit and wait for the Windows users. The Linux 8.37 is completed, but I guess the Windows team is running behind...
              Michael Larabel

Comment

OMG AMD! I just downloaded Fedora 7 to give it a try, but I can't with Xorg Server 1.3. Oh, did I say my favourite distribution has Xorg Server 1.3, too?

They better give us the release tomorrow... can't think of what problems they might have with 8.37, because there were already many 8.38 Windows Betas, one 8.381...

Comment

will 8.37 support Xorg 1.3? Please tell me so!!
                  Anyway Micheal, is it hours, days, weeks ?

Comment

can't think of what problems they might have with 8.37
                    maybe someone did an accidental rm -rf / and the driver got lost :d

Comment

Working...
                    X