No announcement yet.

What Was Said About EXT4 In Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> Oh come on, can't you at least summarize the video?

Getting rid of spinlocks in the kernel VFS code can make your stuff go a lot faster if you have a crapload of fast disks and wide I/O pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      Oh come on, can't you at least summarize the video?
      Ok summary. Bunch of people worked on symetric multiprocessing from 2000 to 2004 since clock speeds stopped doubling. We about did all the coreing we can get away with since 8 core and maybe 16 core bulldozer and ivy bridge are going to completely run our ability to multiprocesses and multithread into a ditch. And IBM, INTEL, and everybody are going to try to jump start another frikkin manhatten project to expand the limits of our multiprocessing capability because you just don't frikkin count unless you need 12 million cores and want to run a monster cloud.
      And blah blah blah table lock. Blah blah blah ext 4.
      blah blah blah everybody pile on. Rip your goddamn hair out and put on a frikkin shackle and build the pharoh a tomb of gigantic core porportions. Then microsoft will try to steal it but since they are so frikkin retarded it took them windows 3.11 OS 2 1.0 1.1 and Windows 95 to figure out how to make a frikkin printer print something. They'll fail. But hopefully Apple will be smart enough to hijack it and mainstream it by giving you a little frikkin pad you can point at and drool and connect to the cloud.

I could be a raving frikkin lunatic. Or I could just be really aware of the situation we are in. You decide. Dial 1 985-655-2500 to vote no. Dial 1 SUC KIT IBM1 to vote yes. IBM would do it all themselves but since their company consists of 368,000 managers and 12,000 smart people that ain't going to happen.

Funny scene from the movie "Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls". Go to my account to see more priceless Ace Ventura moments.

Comment

Originally posted by drag View Post
        >Getting rid of spinlocks in the kernel VFS code can make your stuff go a lot faster if you have a crapload of fast disks and wide I/O pipe.
        ...and hang your lvm when you move a ext4 lv while doing heavy IO on it...
        I do not really know if this is file system dependent, is somewhat hard to reproduce...

Comment

Working...
        X