Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: Fedora 7 ATI/AMD fglrx Discussion

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So if you need the fglrx drivers to survive, don't upgrade to Fedora 7 just yet. Stay tuned to the forums for more information.
    First off, thanks for all the information and hard work you do here!

    Can you tell us whether or not we're going to have to wait another month for functional drivers under F7, or is there going to be an interim fix?

    Thanks,
    `bug

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fdiv_bug View Post
    First off, thanks for all the information and hard work you do here!

    Can you tell us whether or not we're going to have to wait another month for functional drivers under F7, or is there going to be an interim fix?

    Thanks,
    `bug
    More than likely you'll need to wait until 8.38.

  3. #13

    Default

    Thanks for the help! It's nice too know I'm not insane...

    Though, I am having trouble getting anything more then 800x600. I wouldn't think this would be problem? I too am running a Radeon X1300 in a Dell.

    Am I stuck with either 800x600 with Fedora 7 or just torrent FC6 and use that until ATI releases 8.38?

    Thanks
    Scott

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    How did you install the driver, lose_the_grimm, that it works?

    Go to display and choose another monitor, like LCD 1280x1024 and restart X. Then you should be able to set the resolution.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    How did you install the driver, lose_the_grimm, that it works?

    Go to display and choose another monitor, like LCD 1280x1024 and restart X. Then you should be able to set the resolution.
    It loaded X right out of the box, at 800x600. Though if I choose the correct profile for the LCD monitor (which was in there to my surprise) or if I choose any other monitor larger then 800x600 X won't start. The monitor complains about it being out of range.

    It's definitely the X1300 though, I popped in a nvidia 7600GT and it worked without any issue what-so-ever.

    I'm thinking if ATI/AMD doesn't start cooperating with the OSS community I'm going to stop buying ATI Video cards, and AMD processors altogether.

    Scott

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lose_the_grimm View Post
    It loaded X right out of the box, at 800x600. Though if I choose the correct profile for the LCD monitor (which was in there to my surprise) or if I choose any other monitor larger then 800x600 X won't start. The monitor complains about it being out of range.

    It's definitely the X1300 though, I popped in a nvidia 7600GT and it worked without any issue what-so-ever.

    I'm thinking if ATI/AMD doesn't start cooperating with the OSS community I'm going to stop buying ATI Video cards, and AMD processors altogether.

    Scott
    So you're just using the vesa driver and not fglrx...

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So you're just using the vesa driver and not fglrx...
    Affirmative.

    Sorry I should have been more clear. That is indeed with the vesa driver.
    With fglrx chosen X also refuses to boot.

    Scott

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default

    This can be a litle stupid idea but, anyone tryed some old drivers to see if thet are working with F7!?! the last one can be incompatible but the old one's can work....

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giiper View Post
    This can be a litle stupid idea but, anyone tryed some old drivers to see if thet are working with F7!?! the last one can be incompatible but the old one's can work....
    Previous versions didn't work with X server 1.3 without hack.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default

    with hack they should work, that can solve our problem until ati realease the new drivers! Ati will take a month to realeased the new drivers...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •