Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5n-e Sli

Phoronix: ASUS P5N-E SLI

The ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard rings in at about $130 USD, which makes it substantially cheaper than many of the NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI motherboards on the market and even some of the nForce 650i motherboards. While this motherboard may be affordable, does it deliver upon the ASUS quality and innovations that enthusiasts have come to expect from their cutting edge products? Well, some of its many features include Intel Quad-Core support, NVIDIA SLI, and HD Azalia Audio.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just a note.

This MoBo is VERY picky on memory. I've fried a few of them when using OCZ memory (which need something north of 2V).

Kingston's 1G sticks work well, however. And I would encourage anyone wanting to use 4G in this MoBo to stick with the part numbers listed in the manual. I tried 3 different manufacturers not listed, and the board would not POST (and in some cases it was terminal for the board, as I mention above).

In short, I've not run across a more picky board in a LONG time.

Comment

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the review of this board. I was expected it !

But reading it make me wonder one thing :

Which is the 'Best' core2duo/quad motherboard for Phoronix ?

Best.

Comment

Originally posted by pingouin View Post
        Hello,

Thank you for the review of this board. I was expected it !

But reading it make me wonder one thing :

Which is the 'Best' core2duo/quad motherboard for Phoronix ?

Best.
        I don't think we have come conclusively across a Core 2 Duo motherboard yet that we conclusively called the best. The P5N-E SLI is high on the list, but I don't think we have yet to see a clear winner. The AW9D series from Abit is also very nice.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hi! i have recently bought an asus p5n-e sli, but i have heard that some users had problems with this motherboard, and in many cases they had fried it. do you have any information about this?
          i have an e4300 and i dont want to broke mi new asus =(

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by __JaS__ View Post
            Hi! i have recently bought an asus p5n-e sli, but i have heard that some users had problems with this motherboard, and in many cases they had fried it. do you have any information about this?
            i have an e4300 and i dont want to broke mi new asus =(

thanks
            I have yet to hear about this problem.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

I know lot of people with this problem, i think it needs more refrigeration on the southbridge, and a cooler on the north would be nice. I just don't know, sometimes the pci-e burns, or the motherboard die . If you know of some cases let me know
              Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
                For admin : The pictures on the p5nE-sli review dont appear, instead i got :
                Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagettftext() in /home/phoronet/public_html/image.php on line 35

i guess you can remove this message as soon as this error diseapear.

Best.

Comment

Originally posted by pingouin View Post
                  Hello,
                  For admin : The pictures on the p5nE-sli review dont appear, instead i got :
                  Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagettftext() in /home/phoronet/public_html/image.php on line 35

i guess you can remove this message as soon as this error diseapear.

Best.
                  Thanks for reporting the bug. It occurred in our move to the new server. The bug should be fixed now.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Hello,
                    Fast as usual !
                    Perfect i can see again the pictures.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X