Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, I started on Gentoo around 2004. In 2007 I used Ubuntu for awhile. I then wanted to go back to Gentoo so I used Sabayon for awhile. I started using Arch when KDE4.0 just came out. So that would be in 2008. Haven't switched since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtigyro View Post
      And then back to Ubuntu again. That's what I did.
      'cause I truly want to spend my time using the system, not configuring it.
      That's exactly why I have Gentoo in my machine since 2004 (the same installation).

Comment

• Redhat Linux 5.0

I first started tinkering with Redhat Linux because I wanted to play Quake3 in a new OS, and Nvidia's 0.9 Linux driver had just been released. I was running a custom built desktop with dual PII 300 CPUs OC'd to 450 and a Geforce 256.. a week later I was jumping with joy when I finally got the driver compiled and got Quake3 to work .. LOL .. those were the days.. soon after I got ahold of Redhat 6.0 and the rest is history..

Comment

• My first Linux was Suse 9.3

Comment

• The first distro for me was Redhat 8 -- which I installed on an old computer in order to turn it into a firewall. To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing at the time, I just followed some tutorial. Scary command line. Some time later I did however install RH 9 on my own computer, and there my journey really began -- first RH, then Fedora Core 2. Anyway, it didn't take long for me to get enough of RPMs and having tried installing Gentoo on other (and other people's!) computers I did the switch too. Been running Gentoo on my own computers since then (approx. 2005)

Comment

• WinLinux. Slackware based, but installs on FAT32.

Comment

• Originally posted by daedaluz View Post
                Best Linux 2000. Yup, Linux distro with that name existed. It was terrible but the manual that came in the box was awesome.
                I still have it and have its manual. Its very detailed. Fstab has scared me a lot. Later reading Orelly books didnt help much either - it was too technical, too scary. Ubuntu made me to switch, now I run Gentoo and actually hate Ubuntu a bit(mostly for apt limitations; non-comparable with portage).

Comment

• Redhat 5 in the late 90's (I think it was 5)

It wasn't until around 2002 that I used linux full time on a server for my home network, and around 2003 / 4 I switched full time for my home PC(s) and notebook.

Comment

• Ubuntu 7.10, and been full time linux user since.

Comment

• Ubuntu 6.06, with a book wrapped around it.

Comment

Working...
                      X