fglrx 11.1 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Disable compiz and try again. Does video work now (without glxgears)?
    I don't use compiz

Comment

Then try enabling it.

Comment

WARNING: the download link at the first post points to a slightly older release than the one found on ati.com. It downloads fglrx 8.81 instead of fglrx 8.812 - and 8.81 caused a deadlock on my system!

The correct link is: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/at...x86.x86_64.run

If you are having problems with the driver, try reinstalling from this link (or directly from ati.com).

Comment

Unfortunately, 8.812 also deadlocks when I try to enable the tearfree option. Bummer...

Comment

Someone in this forum wrote last year, that Catalyst 11.1 will have super features and will be a super great driver. V-Sync is not a super feature for me, it is something, that Catalyst should have 2 years ago. And I don't see anything new and fancy about this driver.

So... Did I miss something, or will one of the next drivers be a great one? Or did this person lie?

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
              Someone in this forum wrote last year, that Catalyst 11.1 will have super features and will be a super great driver. V-Sync is not a super feature for me, it is something, that Catalyst should have 2 years ago. And I don't see anything new and fancy about this driver.

So... Did I miss something, or will one of the next drivers be a great one? Or did this person lie?
              No, you are just being obnoxious.

Comment

Is there anyone with access to the 11.2 beta? Please PM.

Comment

What is so special about v-sync in 2011?

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
                    What is so special about v-sync in 2011?
                    It didn't exist in 2010.

Comment

fglrx is modern art

I remember using it once, the 9.2 release before the support dropped, with my x1950xt. There were various bizzare 2d bugs, compiz was funny, the video tearing could be remedied with using opengl as renderer, but I remember playing torcs with it and it was fun.
                      From an orientalist point of view now (and hallelujah I'm not using it) fglrx seems like a modern art piece rather than a driver. Something like this:

Maybe AMD was inspired by Pietro Manzoni's late modernist era avangarde work when designing and implementing fglrx. Such a rare gem...

Comment

Working...
                      X