• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe you did not notice the size INCREASE:

125176007 ati-driver-installer-10-12-x86.x86_64.run
    125894486 ati-driver-installer-11-1-x86.x86_64.run

Comment

Tear free, but the video is definitely not fluid. It's below its framerate and it renders it slow. 2.6.37 kernel. Same thing happened before in 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12. Not HD video. HD video plays nice tho.

Comment

Originally posted by dekomote View Post
        Tear free, but the video is definitely not fluid. It's below its framerate and it renders it slow. 2.6.37 kernel. Same thing happened before in 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12. Not HD video. HD video plays nice tho.
        Not all the time. Only skips couple of frames here and there but it's so f'ing annoying! r600c works flawlessly with video and 2d at least. I'm going back to it.

Comment

My considerations about Catalyst 11.1

Mobility Radeon HD2600 (r600 generation card):

Forget it, stick with Catalyst 10.7 + Xorg 1.8.x if you want to play your H264 videos properly with VAAPI (otherwise, videos will appear completely garbled... btw, with VC-1 videos, VAAPI still works ). The same problem also occours on Windows 7 (I don't have any kind of proper DXVA2 acceleration).
          (Arch x86_64 + 2.6.37-pf kernel)

Radeon HD4650AGP:

Everything is working properly, with a "customized" 2.6.38-rc2 kernel + Xorg Server 1.9.4RC... (Arch i686)
          The new "non-video-tearing" features slow down 3D performance a bit, but my movies now appear a bit smoother (at least on mplayer-vaapi).
          VAAPI acceleration is working as expected (decodes both H264/VC-1 videos properly).

Cheers

Comment

Tear free video is working, but it is quiet slowdown the framerate. And if I start moving a mouse for a while the playback framerate becomes a normal until I stop moving a mouse. Strange behavior...

Comment

FOSS driver handles videos extremely well. Well not with VAAPI, but still, i have no tearing and no skipping. Everything works as it should. If only it supported a tiny bit more games, but I guess that comes along good too. FOSS Driver FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by sovok_kpss View Post
                Tear free video is working, but it is quiet slowdown the framerate. And if I start moving a mouse for a while the playback framerate becomes a normal until I stop moving a mouse. Strange behavior...
                I saw that too. Video is playing nice while glxgears run! What is wrong with this picture?

Comment

Originally posted by dekomote View Post
                  I saw that too. Video is playing nice while glxgears run! What is wrong with this picture?
                  I have to run two instances of glxgears to get normal playback

Comment

Disable compiz and try again. Does video work now (without glxgears)?

Compiz uses two different vsync methods depending on the size and frequency of screen updates. Fglrx has always worked perfectly with the second (more intensive) method but has always had problems with the first (the one used by default).

You can verify this by enabling/disabling the 'benchmark' plugin in compiz. Once enabled, even older fglrx versions (pre 10.12) should stop tearing!

Comment

Has anyone tested it with the WebGL conformance test and Firefox yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X