The Name of Fedora 7: Moonshine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Name of Fedora 7: Moonshine?

Phoronix News: The Name of Fedora 7: Moonshine?

Yarrow, Tettnang, Heidelberg, Stentz, Bordeaux, and Zod have been names for the Fedora releases up to this point, but what will Fedora 7 be called? On the Fedora Project Wiki is a voting page to vote for the name you would like to see for Fedora 7. The names include Lee, Sherman, Nothing, Cylon, Moonshine, and Siegfried. None of these choices are really appealing, but Fedora 7 "Moonshine" could be good...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does Fedora 7 get delayed?

#edit: Comes on the 31th.
    Last edited by d2kx; 24 May 2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Where's the KDE spin?

Any idea where to get CD isos at? don't have a DVD burner yet, and that's all I've seen on their mirrors.

Comment

For example

ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/f...-Live-i686.iso

from Germany. The DVD already has KDE inside AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          For example

ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/f...-Live-i686.iso

from Germany. The DVD already has KDE inside AFAIK.
          oh, ok. I didn't see that.

Thanks.

Comment

I am going to install Fedora 7 DVD now on my harddisk (the Fedora LiveCDs don't have the same quality as the DVD release imho!), just to try some more things. In VMware it looked very good. I like it that they release real updates (like in Debian/sid), not just security ones (Ubuntu), but they get tested before. I just don't like Gnome that much and the KDE version of Fedora 7 sucks imho.

Comment

Working...
            X