Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS 32-bit Windows Support?

Hello!

I have used PTS in the past for benchmarking in linux. Unfortunately, I am currently working on a project that requires me to use 32-bit Windows XP. I was pleasantly surprised to see Windows support in PTS although I understand this was developed for 64-bit Windows 7.

My question is whether anyone has had any luck running on 32-bit Windows and what if any modifications were required. For example, I know I can run Warsow on my 32-bit machine, but PTS always tries launching the 64-bit binaries. Any advice here? I have tried using both 3.0.0 beta 2 and 2.8.2.

Thanks!
    Ray

Ray,

I have no plans to provide PTS3 Windows 32-bit support, but I would accept patches if someone implemented support within the test profiles. The Phoronix Test Suite (pts-core) client should support running on Windows 32-bit fine, but all the test profiles are setup for using 64-bit binaries. It would be just a matter of placing in the checks to see the architecture and launching the x86 binary instead, similar to how it's done on other platforms.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael -

Thank you for the reply! I'll see what I can get working and report back if it is anything worthwhile.

Thanks,
      Ray

Comment

Working...
      X