AMD Puts Out A Beta Catalyst Linux Driver For The Public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devius View Post
    This may be a problem with compiz. Just a few hours ago I saw a computer with a Geforce GTS250 using the binary drivers exhibit the same behaviour. I don't know if vsync was activated in nvidia control panel though.
    To get vsync in compiz 0.8.x you need to set the correct refresh rate and enable the vsync option in compizconfig-settings-manager. Vsync should be set to application-controlled in the control panel.

Unfortunately, compiz follows a somewhat uncommon vsync method to improve performance. This works fine on nvidia but is somewhat flaky on fglrx. The 11.1 (final) release is supposed to fix this at last!

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
      This may be a problem with compiz. Just a few hours ago I saw a computer with a Geforce GTS250 using the binary drivers exhibit the same behaviour. I don't know if vsync was activated in nvidia control panel though.
      It works fine on my HTPC with a lowly nVidia 8400

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
        It is. The Windows version is written in .Net.
        That I know, that's why I stick to the base driver + ATI Tray Tools.
        Still not getting your Mono pun though heh...

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
          Another thing it still does it when starting video playback via VLC or SMPlayer the monitor connected to the display port goes to black for about a second and then comes back. It's like when the playback software is grabbing a display context or something the driver probes that status of the port which throws the DP->DVI adaptor.
          That's caused by the player, in this case VLC, issuing `xset -dpms` to disable the screensaver. Disable vlc's disabling of the screensaver and it won't blank out. Hopefully AMD will find the root problem and fix it so I don't have to shake my mouse every 10 minutes during a movie

Comment

Working...
          X