Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bavarian Preview Of Iveland & OpenBenchmarking.org

Phoronix: A Bavarian Preview Of Iveland & OpenBenchmarking.org

Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 "Iveland" and OpenBenchmarking.org are launching in late February from the Southern California Linux Expo in Los Angeles during my talk about Making More Informed Linux Hardware Choices. However, for any Bavarians living near Munich, you may be able to get a sneak preview...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is a friend with whom I was on a schooltrip to munich. We were given this "Augustiner - Oktoberfestbier" plate because the woman serving us noticed that he is a very big Augustiner fan aswell. Maybe I can hand it to you at some point in the future

Comment

off topic

Michael i have no idea where in which part of the US you live but i doubt that there aren't any descent microbreweries

Comment

That would be a great excuse to visit munich again, (ahh the memories of the bier gartens.) Too bad it's a 7+ hour drive from Holland.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          off topic

Michael i have no idea where in which part of the US you live but i doubt that there aren't any descent microbreweries

Chicago. There are decent microbreweries that produce beer that is drink-able to me, but the best beer in the world comes from Bavaria -- Augustiner followed by Franziskaner, in my opinion. Even when in the United States though I'll drink Julius Echter, Spaten, or Franziskaner over what's readily available in the states.

Plus when drinking in Munich it's just not about the beer but the atmosphere, people, food, and everything else is superb in comparison to anything in the US.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Chicago. There are decent microbreweries that produce beer that is drink-able to me, but the best beer in the world comes from Bavaria -- Augustiner followed by Franziskaner, in my opinion. Even when in the United States though I'll drink Julius Echter, Spaten, or Franziskaner over what's readily available in the states.

Plus when drinking in Munich it's just not about the beer but the atmosphere, people, food, and everything else is superb in comparison to anything in the US.
            taking the "experience" out of the equation i ll probably disagree and say that some of the best beers come from the monks in belgium but yeah it depends on the style of beer and preference. Czech's also get it right.

Comment

I'm interested in live in Munich. PM following.

Comment

Originally posted by 7oby View Post
                I'm interested in live in Munich. PM following.
                Got your email, thanks, will let you know based upon the interest level of how many people end up contacting me.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Myself and a friend are interested in meeting up in Munich. We live in Kaiserslautern. I'm not sure what else is going on there, but I'm a big fan of benchmarking and the phoronix-test-suite in general, so I'd definitely like to meet you and see a preview of Iveland.

It's about a 4-5 hour drive for us, so we figured we would come Saturday and probably spend the night. Maybe we can get out of work early Friday and drive over on Friday and spend Friday night and head back on Saturday. Either way, I think we can only spend one night there.

Comment

Thanks for the interest, still evaluating the possible options.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X