AMD's opensource lies exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
    what kind of game? arma2 for exampel i do not play arma2 because it runs not in linux/wine i use arma2 to test wine thats all
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    Why is the world mostly closed source and i do not use this shit?
    yes i do play cloused source games but i play it in wine on linux and that does not mean i only play cloused source games.
    he pointet out JOKE ADOBE and Joke Photoshop .... but hey an game is not the same as a Editor like Photoshop.
    uuhhh i'm evil because i play world of goo in linux LOL
    lol hypocrisy at it's best folks

Comment

right... in your definition closed source is ok for an 'game' only just for fun - but for serious work opensource is an must have.
      with free software you have the ability to change the work in any way you see fit and then perhaps re-release it under a different name if the original authors don't like what you've done and ofcourse the resulting work must also follow the original license. The General Public License is invaluable to computer science as it allows anyone and everyone to improve the software for everyone who uses it.

Non-free software is no more than 'magic tricks' for the masses of people who do not even understand the concept of computer science. computers for these countless millions are for sending emails, talking shite on facebook, buying crap off ebay and ofcourse playing games. Games are entertaining sometimes and there are GPL games which are very good indeed but they are no more than amusing misuse of resources.

The problem with non-free software is you do not own it - the original authors own it. If the software breaks or a flaw is found you are reliant on the original authors to fix it. With free software I can fix it - or I can pay someone to fix it for me ( many users with the same problem chip in $5 each for eg ) that way the payment goes to the best programmers not the people with the secret to the 'magic trick' - the source code.

The reason medical science has advanced so greatly over the past 150 is largely due to a man called Thomas Wakley who pointed out in his journal the lancet the flaws in medical science as a whole which aren't too dissimilar than the flaws in non-free software. Knowledge was kept secret and people with little skill got paid lots of money for doing botch jobs rather than the people with the ability.

That said with games as the original authors can release their software under which ever license they see fit you and you the consumer must decide if you agree with the license they've chosen. If not don't part with your money and play a free game instead. Hardware is another matter, we the public have free drivers but what of the firmwares/microcodes?

Comment

can you imagine the difference between use and play?

how do you use an game usefull? i never ever use an game usefull.
        It is utterly mind blowing how everything except games in your mind has to be open source. I cannot think of any other class of application that benefit more from the supposed "more eyes" benefit. They haven't made a game in years that hasn't required multitudes of patches. Commercial closed source games have everything that goes against FOSS philosophy, from closed source, proprietary secrets, spy and snoop code, etc. Drawing a line in the sand saying open source is the best and then saying closed source gaming is OK is pure 100% hypocrisy.

Comment

games should be opensource yes but games are not so important.
          "hypocrisy" i don't think so.
          Ya it is.

hypocrisy is if you are using linux with an nvidia cloused source driver
          Not at all, I use the "software that works for me" philosophy.

you don't hurt anyone if you play an useless cloused source game.

Nobody has been hurt using any closed software either.
          but you hurt people if you support cloused source drivers thats because if they drop the support and you put your hartware into the garbage an poor human get your old hardware out of your garbage and can not use the old hardware with an modern linux just because you support cloused source drivers.
          And if your closed source game drops support you are in the same boat. Again you are being a hypocrite.

this means you support Pollution and Poverty just because you use cloused source drivers.
          Quite the opposite. I am rich and enjoying full functionality.

play a fucking game does not hurt humans but use nvidia cloused source drivers kills childens!
          Every statement like that just continues to your inability to grasp reality.

Comment

you don't hurt anyone if you play an useless cloused source game.
            I bet there are far more murders committed due to the influence of gaming then nvidia blobs.

Comment

n

on the nvidia side you can not do your work anymore and your child don't get food and die.
              LMAO, the family would die of starvation waiting for FOSS support to get drivers up to a usable point. By that time I've made enough money to fed the family for 5 years, invest and have those investments mature to pay their college with all the new hardware they need to get education done.

So in reality it is your family that has passed on, mine is alive and thriving.

Comment

• LMAO, the family would die of starvation waiting for FOSS support to get drivers up to a usable point. By that time I've made enough money to fed the family for 5 years, invest and have those investments mature to pay their college with all the new hardware they need to get education done.

So in reality it is your family that has passed on, mine is alive and thriving.
                +1000000 LOL! And even the wife won't give the open source ati waiter if he doesn't bring food to his family. While he preaches like
                "the opensource drivers will someday work well with blender my children, just wait with me till that glorious day and I'll be doing my job, I'll bring food"
                , she will be doing god knows what in another location of the earth.

Comment

i think most of the gamers use nvidia drivers means nvidia kill the most of the childs.
                  Well if you really want to follow that stupid reasoning (delivery vs the content determining the 'kill rate') then I should point out most gaming consoles use ATI chips therefore with your logic, AMD kills the most children.

Comment

• ....use [company X] for the children!

this thread's gone completely nuts. Next up, aliens are involved in [company X]'s design process!

Comment

• READ THE FSCKING EULA! If you don't like it don't buy it , don't use it and certainly don't break it by 'pirating'

Free software guarantees you as the end user certain rights and no other license agreement does this - hence free software will always be better!

EDIT: but you already know this right??

Comment

Working...
                      X