Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need a new AGP Card?

Hallo,
    I have an AMD 3200+ 64bit CPU with an ancient ATI Radeon 9200. Unfortunately, my monitor just passed away (after 15 years!), so, I plan to buy a new one. I prefer to buy a new display, that will be at 1920x1080 pixels, so my questions:
    * Is that card capable to display such resolution without problems?
    * Will I be able to use that resolution with Compiz effects?

In case I need a new card for either reasons, what AGP card do you suggest me? Is Radeon HD2600 suitable for those needs? In case I will have to use a new AGP card, I do not want to spend more than 40$...

Please note that I have no idea that XAA or EXA or anything else means, so, I kindly request for guidelines from "earth"....
    Thank you

Originally posted by s91066 View Post
    Hallo,
    I have an AMD 3200+ 64bit CPU with an ancient ATI Radeon 9200. Unfortunately, my monitor just passed away (after 15 years!), so, I plan to buy a new one. I prefer to buy a new display, that will be at 1920x1080 pixels, so my questions:
    * Is that card capable to display such resolution without problems?
    * Will I be able to use that resolution with Compiz effects?

In case I need a new card for either reasons, what AGP card do you suggest me? Is Radeon HD2600 suitable for those needs? In case I will have to use a new AGP card, I do not want to spend more than 40$...

Please note that I have no idea that XAA or EXA or anything else means, so, I kindly request for guidelines from "earth"....
    Thank you
    It should be fine.... even for running TWO of those.

Comment

Working...
    X