Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Unigine Engine Ported To Android Phones, Tablets

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,369

    Default Unigine Engine Ported To Android Phones, Tablets

    Phoronix: Unigine Engine Ported To Android Phones, Tablets

    The Unigine Engine, which is developed by the Linux-friendly Unigine Corp and is known as providing the most advanced and demanding OpenGL Linux game engine at this time, has been ported to run on tablet computers and smart-phones running Google's Android operating system. Wow...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTAxNw

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Okay, that's just awesome.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I really hope they will deliver student or private licenses at low cost so we all can profit from this awesome news

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Tomsk is in Russia, not Serbia...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Moscow, Russian Federation
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the Unigine Corp is a Russian company, not Serbian. As far as I remember Unigine's HQ are located in Tomsk, not so small city in the Siberian part of the Russian Federation.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russe, Bulgaria
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lexa2 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the Unigine Corp is a Russian company, not Serbian. As far as I remember Unigine's HQ are located in Tomsk, not so small city in the Siberian part of the Russian Federation.
    Get easy on the vodka, pal The article actually says Siberian, not Serbian.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Get easy on the vodka, pal The article actually says Siberian, not Serbian.
    What was corrected before many saw it, is not counted as misspelled.
    As in Odessian (from Odessa, UKR) "What felt down and was fetched fast is not counted as fallen" Kudos to Michael


    BTW Siberian developers sounds like they program in coal mine. You know, Tomsk, -50, vodka, ore mine, ushankas, programmers...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Moscow, Russian Federation
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    BTW Siberian developers sounds like they program in coal mine. You know, Tomsk, -50, vodka, ore mine, ushankas, programmers...
    ...bears driving out on the streets riding the one-wheel bicycles, playing balalaika and people starring around in the similarly looking gray coats chatting with each other about the "cold weather". These well-know stereotypes introduced by the bunch of Hollywood movies was fun once the USSR had fallen and all the crap of such kind had found its way to the national TV networks. Nowdays this stereotypes looks annoying at best, not to say stupid.

    As for my original comment - looks like Michael had corrected the "misspelled" word, changing "Serbian" into "Siberian" after reading comments from crazycheese and me on the forums. Well, both words seems to be quite similar so it's not a big surprise if one had accidentally spelled the first one in place of the second.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russe, Bulgaria
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    What was corrected before many saw it, is not counted as misspelled.
    As in Odessian (from Odessa, UKR) "What felt down and was fetched fast is not counted as fallen" Kudos to Michael


    BTW Siberian developers sounds like they program in coal mine. You know, Tomsk, -50, vodka, ore mine, ushankas, programmers...
    Is it that cold, really? In that case best thing to do is stay at warmly place, and just code, code ...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Moscow, Russian Federation
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Is it that cold, really? In that case best thing to do is stay at warmly place, and just code, code ...
    That's might be the secret beneath the Unigine success :-) (well, possible future success, as we all hope that this linux-compatible engine would gain a major popularity throughout game development studios). As for weather conditions in Tomsk - this year we've got an anomaly warm winter in Siberia having around -20 Celsius degrees while it is typical to have around -35...-40 at this winter dates (i.e., in the middle of January).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •