Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 6.0 Is Getting Ready With An RC Installer

Phoronix: Debian 6.0 Is Getting Ready With An RC Installer

It was back in late October that the Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" installer had reached beta status and now today its first release candidate has been introduced...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"the latest Linux 2.6.32" ...

lol. Go Debian Outdated even before release.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post

I think he's referring to the latest point release of the 2.6.32 kernel

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        I think he's referring to the latest point release of the 2.6.32 kernel
        As if that changes anything xD

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure Debian stable's target audience really cares about your misguided opinion...

Comment

Install the Liquorix kernel if you want a cutting edge kernel on Debian.

Enthusiast kernel optimized for low latency

Comment

I wonder if Wheezy will finally have support for WPA/WPA2 in the installer. It's pretty sad that in 2011 the Debian project is about to release a new major version that still only supports WEP.

Comment

That Debian releases with a 2.6.32 kernel is probably motivated by Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and RHEL6/SLES12 doing the same.

Still it is unfortunate for desktop users, as they will miss out on all the new shiny hardware that was launched at this year's CES. (And last year's too...)

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  Yeah, I'm sure Debian stable's target audience really cares about your misguided opinion...
                  QFT.
                  (10 char. limit)

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                    That Debian releases with a 2.6.32 kernel is probably motivated by Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and RHEL6/SLES12 doing the same.
                    Debian chose the 2.6.32 kernel because it's a "longterm" kernel and it's well-developed (which is probably why those other distros chose it).

Still it is unfortunate for desktop users, as they will miss out on all the new shiny hardware that was launched at this year's CES. (And last year's too...)
                    I don't know of any desktop users running Debian stable, except maybe some folks with no internet (and they aren't too likely to have shiny new hardware).

Comment

Working...
                    X