No announcement yet.

The Phoronix Forums Have Been Upgraded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contrary to some of the above posters, I like the dark text on light background. This theme only hurts my eyes if my screen is too bright which it isn't so I don't have a problem.

Comment

Awesome, no more fixed width!! It is a little bright though, I liked the darker colors.

Comment

Most likely you enabled Eco mode, without it is extremely bright... I prefer light grey at least.

Comment

Kano, how is this light gray? Or suggest a hex... I just changed it as well since #FFF is too bright for me too, but yeah, working on tweaking it but if anyone has any particular hex they recommend, let me know.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

id say back to black, but this one rather fits the openbenchmarking.org look right? does it only seem to me or does anyone else find it rather large? i got the feeling i have to scroll a lot. but that might aswell be an arbitrary feeling that you get at 5 AM without having gone to bed, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by benmoran View Post
              Awesome, no more fixed width!!
              Ya it amazes me how many sites are still stuck using "1995ish geocities" fixed width layouts.

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
                does it only seem to me or does anyone else find it rather large? i got the feeling i have to scroll a lot.
                I find it actually less to scroll now that one sentence doesn't use three or four lines.

Comment

One other suggestion Michael, please allow us to set the number of posts viewable in a page. The standard 10/25/50/100 posts settings would suffice.

Comment

It's better now, maybe the green could be a bit darker too. I liked the old colors, you need to get used to the new ones I do not understand ppl who really use fullscreen on huge monitors, much wider than about 1280 pixel on my 1920x1200 tft is not optimal to read, but well...

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      One other suggestion Michael, please allow us to set the number of posts viewable in a page. The standard 10/25/50/100 posts settings would suffice.
                      I may make it an option, but not by too much, due to dependent upon the minimal ads within the forums.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X