Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Phoronix Forums Have Been Upgraded

Cool Like

Contrary to some of the above posters, I like the dark text on light background. This theme only hurts my eyes if my screen is too bright which it isn't so I don't have a problem.

Awesome, no more fixed width!! It is a little bright though, I liked the darker colors.

Most likely you enabled Eco mode, without it is extremely bright... I prefer light grey at least.

Kano, how is this light gray? Or suggest a hex... I just changed it as well since #FFF is too bright for me too, but yeah, working on tweaking it but if anyone has any particular hex they recommend, let me know.

id say back to black, but this one rather fits the openbenchmarking.org look right? does it only seem to me or does anyone else find it rather large? i got the feeling i have to scroll a lot. but that might aswell be an arbitrary feeling that you get at 5 AM without having gone to bed, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by benmoran View Post
    Awesome, no more fixed width!!
    Ya it amazes me how many sites are still stuck using "1995ish geocities" fixed width layouts.

Quote Originally Posted by jakubo View Post
    does it only seem to me or does anyone else find it rather large? i got the feeling i have to scroll a lot.
    I find it actually less to scroll now that one sentence doesn't use three or four lines.

One other suggestion Michael, please allow us to set the number of posts viewable in a page. The standard 10/25/50/100 posts settings would suffice.

It's better now, maybe the green could be a bit darker too. I liked the old colors, you need to get used to the new ones I do not understand ppl who really use fullscreen on huge monitors, much wider than about 1280 pixel on my 1920x1200 tft is not optimal to read, but well...

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    One other suggestion Michael, please allow us to set the number of posts viewable in a page. The standard 10/25/50/100 posts settings would suffice.
    I may make it an option, but not by too much, due to dependent upon the minimal ads within the forums.